MBP 17'' basic. CoD 4 FPS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Derpness, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Derpness macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I think of buying a MBP 17'' standard version only thing I really wanna know how much FPS will this MBP run on CoD4 (promod) No config, Med Texture, High res(1920x1200) I thought.
    I really would like to know. If anyone has 17'' and cod4 please try and let me know.

(How to see FPS? typ in console ''cg_drawfps 1'' )

Greetz, Derpness

2. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

CoD4 on OS X or Windows?

3. Derpness thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Derpness thread starter macrumors newbie

Btw, try on your MB if possible i'll give some codes :)

cg_drawfps 1
    com_maxfps 250

try to reach for 250 with changing settings please?

OSx And Windows :O? If u have some time <3

5. jason221 macrumors 6502

I guarantee it will run much better on Windows. The OSX version isn't that great of a port, in my opinion.

6. Derpness thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i hope to see some results in this thread:)

7. ahdickter macrumors 6502

Well I can't tell you for COD 4, but for MW2 (which has higher specs), I can get 60fps on all high. And I'm runnin a 2011 15".

8. Smork macrumors member

Are you running the better video card and processor?

9. Derpness thread starter macrumors newbie

10. Derpness thread starter macrumors newbie

11. randomrazr macrumors 65816

yes

12. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

If you want to know how CoD4 runs on a 17'' MBP, perhaps purchase one, install CoD4, and monitor your frames.

Surely you aren't purchasing this computer just to play CoD4, so it's not like you would be making a huge purchase just for this test. If you are, purchase a Windows desktop or notebook and don't buy a 17'' MacBook Pro if you are attempting to play one game.

13. lfshammu macrumors member

I think he's trying to gage the overall performance of the GPU based on this game.

14. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I think he should gage the overall performance of the GPU based on benchmarks, not forum user FPS postings of an old game. The benchmarks on the card can easily be acquired.

Just saying.

15. kanit macrumors member

Forums are meant for helping others, if you dont want to help then dont be a wise ass and dont make stupid posts. Benchmarks are not an accurate measure of performance, what matters more is the gaming performance, which s=is best measured by FPS. Agreed CoD4 is an old game but maybe it is the most demanding game he plays so it would make sense for him to find out how well does the game play on the laptop he is about to buy. You are not being paid to help others out here, you are here cause you want to be and if you dont have anything helpful to say then dont make a post.
    OP CoD 4 is an old game and it will run perfectly on the MBP 17 with all the settings maxxed, infact the MBP should easily run even the latest CoD at all the settings maxxed out. All CoDs are not very demanding games and the MBP should do fine with them at max settings until they make a significant leap in terms of graphics wont happen atleasdt until the next gen of consoles come out.

16. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

So, when you say "help" do you mean "spoon feed?" Just curious.

Would you like me to post a link for him instead of him looking up benchmarks for his video card? How does that sound?

Quit trying to mod the forums. You're not being paid to be the hero.

17. kanit macrumors member

Nobody asked you to look up any benchmarks, this thread asks those people who have plated CoD 4 in their laptops and OP is asking their FPS, what part do you not understand, yes OP shouldve tried a google search before posting a new thread but how does that prompt u to make stupid wise ass comments.

18. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

Hah, you mad bro?

19. simsaladimbamba

Isn't this answering your question partially?

20. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Wow, what an epic waste of thread space you guys are.

I played COD 4 on my MBP 13” 2009 (9400), and I remember putting mid settings without shadow or special lighting effects. With these settings, the game was extremely smooth.

With a 2011 17” you will EASILY be able to play the game at the highest settings.

21. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I think looking up benchmarks will be a lot better than "you should be able to run it maxed out because it's old" when he is looking for frame rates at specific settings.

Are you satisfied with my level of help now?

It shows specific settings for CoD: Black Ops, should give you more than satisfaction for CoD: Modern Warfare - and it even has specific MacBook Pro 17inch benchmarks.

If you click the "view more games" link, you will notice that this card dominates CoD: Modern Warfare. 96 FPS on medium settings. You should probably give or take a few of those depending on other hardware used during these tests.

How's that?

22. Durious macrumors 6502

I have the same machine as you except I have the 15" which has a diff res and smaller screen and it plays maxed out easily even hooked to my external display which is 1080p, so you'll have no issues. (NOTE: these comments are from the Win 7 version I have not played it on Mac OS X version cause its too pricey to have two versions)

23. Derpness thread starter macrumors newbie

Its not About playing the game smooth right here, its About numbers FPS numbers im a high+ cod4 player want to know how much FPS Will this system give me?

24. simsaladimbamba

Does that mean 60fps is not enough?

25. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Oh my.

I gave you the link.