MBP delivery late... very annoyed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aoaaron, Apr 26, 2011.

1. aoaaron, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

aoaaron macrumors 6502

So my MBP ordered on the 14th was meant to come today. 26th. I checked tracking again and again and again and it said its coming, its on course for its final destination aka i'll get it today. However, it didn't come. It was a birthday present, apple did not email me or contact me saying it'll be late... until my very annoyed sister phoned and then they sent me a rushed email saying due to the holidays (my dad owns a company... not as big as apple but his company still plans to the holidays into account for dates) which was a stupid excuse.

Then my annoyed dad phoned (my family were more annoyed than me) and the customer service could not even give me a date for when the MBP will come! Taking into account the customer service stories I've heard, I did expect apple to give me a date and maybe something free. They were quick to take the money out of my account but since then, its been very annoying. Multiple days booked out of work, me stuck at home now,... with no MBP.

Any advice? to begin with, i thought i'd just live with it but after my sister and dad vented and explained how poor this is (afterall i paid a premium price), i'm annoyed. Prior to the order, they even said it would come for the birthday!

I'm going back to uni soon and still no date and still tracking is telling me it coming today 9PM..

2. Genocyde macrumors member

This sounds like you should take it up with the freight carrier. Once Apple ships it, the package is out of their hands. Get the tracking # and call ups or fedex, or whoever is delivering it and complain to them?

3. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

sounds like your anger is better directed towards fedex/ups or whoever is handling the shipping as once it leaves apples factory it is in the shippings hands.

i hope you were not basing your guarantee on the delivery date of apples page as that is merely an estimate. What date did the computer ship?

4. crypticlineage macrumors regular

I think may be you are all over-reacting. Take it easy. There is nothing Apple could do unless the freighter declares the package lost.

5. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

ic. its really annoying tho that their track system has been useful for me. apple can't give me any details... not even a tracking number so i can contact them myself. the woman who was phoned at first herself was even puzzled on how little information there was on the system about my delivery which was pretty worrying.

at first i agree, i thought my sister and dad were overreacting but now i definitley see their point of view. i paid a lot of money (atleast for myself), im going back to university soon, i can't cancel my hospital placement (obviously) so now im at a severe disadvantage. apple gave me no warning beforehand and their excuse about holidays is absolute rubbish. my dad knows about holidays and he informs customers if there is any delay. a big corporation like apple should have all the holidays calculated etc. i also find it very annoying that a company who some of their fanboys say have the best customer support couldn't follow up my delivery for me since i'm paying such a hefty premium.

also the man on the phone was very condescending. :(

6. Fugue macrumors 6502

How long do most BTO Apple orders take to ship on average?

7. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

i think its like a week and a half. the guy on the phone said it has to get through shipping and customs etc. but my dad replied with that with many laptops being mass produced and put through this procedure, surely you should have factored this into your predicted date (of which, atleast for myself i count as A LOT of time which has passed since they took the money out of my account so fast)? we've taken time off work and now i'm going to have to take more time of work because they've said it will be in the "next 1-3 days".

8. AlanFord macrumors regular

Hah, you do realize that a lot of people buy mbp, and sometimes they can't guarantee shipment in a day.In mass production and mass orders there are xy factors that can "slow down" and postpone your order.Some not even involved with Apple.
    I surely believe that Apple will give you a date of delivery soon.

And btw, I waited for my BTO (Hi Res) over a month.What should I do, set Apple on fire?
    So you will survive....
    I would understand that you are waiting one-two weeks, but man on f.. day...
    blah
    You American's don't know how lucky you are..

9. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

I don't want this to sound rude, cause I'm not intending to come off as an asshat, but you need to practice patience.

And I hate to preach, but ultimately, in this scenario, waiting is all you can do. At this point, you're only upsetting yourself, as I'm sure this isn't bothering Apple, or FedEx or whoever, as a company. It's just you and your family getting upset, and that's more or less all that's happening.

Shipping isn't perfect, and this really isn't Apples fault, as others had pointed out. I understand you're in a tight situation, but you'll only make it tighter by stressing yourself out. All you can do is be patient.

I'm sure if it was supposed to be in today and it wasn't, it'll be in tomorrow.

Again, not trying to be a dick or anything, so, sorry if I offended you.

10. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Apple can't give you any warning, Apple have no idea where you package is, it is the Courier's fault.
    If you can't understand the basics of postal delivery i would be condescending to. Shipping dates are calculated on business days, Monday to Friday, public holidays are not business days.

11. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

12. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

so heres my question still were you ever notified of it shipping? because at one point you said it said it would be delivered by 9pm so were you watching through a tracking site? you made it sound like it shipped and was never delivered.

i have seen BTO options be ordered on sunday and delivered by friday.

13. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Can wildly change but, i have had to wait two and a half weeks for my bto, because the store were ordering it.

14. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

I'm not sure why you're so upset right now. The day isn't even close to over for a UPS or FEDEX carrier. If they told you it was out for final destination I would think it's on his truck.

15. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

Easter, Sunday, a day that wouldn't factor in anyways.

16. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

They said they because of the easter holiday and the UK bank holiday.

FYI I'm from the UK for all the time confusing.

I was notified my item would be delivered around the 26th. On the APPLE tracking site (which I was checking and it said its making its way to me today), it said my macbook was on course to be delivered today so I stayed in the house all day. For the entire day, it said it was on course on their site so I waited obviously.

Apple were then phoned at 6PM and said we don't know where your laptop is, no reference number to phone up the courier or any means of tracking other than their reccomendation of the apple site (which didn't show a courrier, not a reference number for them.. just an apple ordering number) - even the woman on the phone was surprised on how little information she had on my order.

I agree, it probably is an over exaggeration (hence why I didn't bother phoning apple and decided just to wait for a day or two but my sister/dad were annoyed since it was for a birthday) but I'm slightly disappointed because everyone talks about how perfect apple is but this ordering experience hasn't been all that great compared to my other orders. I'm not saying its been bad, just not the god-like standard which some people seem to harp on about. One of the people on the phone was condescending and pretty rude according to my sister but before I gave my money, there were very very nice.

Still wouldn't mind some free stuff for inconvenience lol ;)... and since I have my hospitals to attend soon and they're a three hour drive from where we live, I guess I'll be without it for quite a while which is very annoying. :(

17. Genocyde macrumors member

I fail to see how any of this is Apple's fault? What day did you order, what day did they ship? The time between should be what Apple shipping should be judged on, anything after that should be placed on the carrier. I've never seen an Apple order without a tracking # in the notes, if they cannot provide you with this then I would definitely be a little upset with Apple, otherwise call the carrier -- There is nothing more that Apple can do at this point.

18. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree with you guys, probably an overexaggeration. I ordered on the 14th, its now the 26th.

I guess the only real annoying thing is lack of a name for a carrier/tracking number.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=374437

That thread details a similar problem. Its just pretty annoying why they couldn't give me a carrier and tracking number ever until probably tommorow (the day after they said it'd be delivered by the latest "expected" though..).

19. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Did you get payment confirmation and shipping confirmation emails from Apple? Did you buy it from Apple.com? They always send these out. If you didn't get them, I'd be worried that your order didn't actually go through.

20. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

21. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I just don't see why you're upset with Apple. Plenty of stuff that Apple does would make a person upset, but this isn't one of them. If you're upset with somebody be upset with the carrier. And I don't see why you'd be upset with the carrier anyhow. It's shipping to UK and over the Easter weekend....

22. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Umm...advice? Next time purchase upgraded shipping and don't let a delay upset you...you could get a much crappier computer sent to you overnight and then live with it for a few years, or you could live with the wait of a few days and then enjoy a nice unit...

23. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Sorry for your troubles, all I can say is I ordered on a Sunday night and had my new MBP by 11am Wednesday. I didn't even upgrade the shipping, just used the free option. Maybe your customs is delaying your package?

24. aoaaron, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

I was slightly dissapointed because:

1) they gave me no number for a courier
    2) they gave me no name for a courier
    3) their expected date for delivery on the apple track was today - it said so yesterday and today - so i took a day off work for the delivery (because otherwise no one is at the house) and nothing arrived. i was notified by apple only after calling that it might not come - to which they could not tell me what day it would come nor how to find out what day it would come or a means of finding out where my package was because they dont know the courier or tracking number for it (only my apple order number which was sent to me with the invoice emailed). to quote them "due to the holidays, in the next 1-4 days". So I might have to take the next 4 days off because they can't tell me a precise day nor give me a tracking number to my courier? The first woman herself was even surprised by the lack of information present on this order in terms of courier etc.

i should have just bought it from the physical apple store in hindsight and i've already admitted it was an exagerated response. i just dont think the bank holiday/easter holidays was a good enough excuse. they should have taken that into account when giving my date. my dad and sister are in business so if we were ever a day late with something, the customer would go ballistic so i guess thats there reason for it. lol.

on the phone when i ordered, i did ask if there was a faster shipping option since it was for a birthday. the person said no so i dont get this express shipping suggestion. ?

25. raysmd macrumors member

I ordered my CTO 15" hi-res on 4/20 Wednesday and received it on Monday 4/26. It shipped out from China on Saturday and arrived in the USA on Monday morning. It was then put on a fedex truck for delivery at 1pm.

it was pretty quick