MBP Display cuts out (or flashes black).

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tejaykay, May 19, 2009.

1. tejaykay macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Hi, any help would be appreciated.

For the last couple of months my MBP display has been acting a little strange. During use, the top half of the screen will flash black (or the LCD is cutting out, I can't tell) very quickly, like strobe light speeds and then the display will go back to normal, all in a few seconds.

This does happen infrequently, probably about once every few hours of monitored use. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue, or if they know of the fault. I couldn't find anything concerning this issue with the new Pros on the forums.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

p.s. I also have display issues with my itunes window display. Sometimes when I reopen iTunes from the dock (whilst it has been running or previously open), it will greet me with the itunes window as just a white canvas and I have to close the iTunes window using cmd+w then reopen, and it's normally displaying itunes correctly again. Thanks again!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Go to Apple Store or talk to Apple Care, LCD screen problems are normally hardware related.

3. RogerB macrumors member

I an using a 24" ACD with my 2009 unibody 17" in clamshell mode. Yesterday I noticed that every few hours the ACD (all of it) would go black for about a half second. This is new since the 10.5.7 upgrade.
    I will be watching this thread to see if others report it.
    -Roger

4. tejaykay thread starter macrumors 6502

tejaykay

I should add that this has been occurring before the introduction of 10.5.7.

Thanks

5. tejaykay thread starter macrumors 6502

tejaykay

I've got full AppleCare for the system but just wanted to know if any other users were experiencing the same problem and maybe there was something I was running that could be causing the problems. It may be a common fault...

Sending my Laptop off is a real last resort, as I couldn't live a few days without it!

Thanks for the advice though.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sounds like hardware; AppleCare should take care of that!

7. tejaykay thread starter macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Cheers, I'm guessing noone else is having these problems then.

I'll have to shift it off to Apple soon...