MBP KeyBoard Cover & Palm Rest Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LucasBoy, Jul 7, 2009.

1. LucasBoy macrumors member

hey people, i got a new MBP the new 13" one about a week ago and i would like to keep it in tip top shape as much as possible. i have the speck see thru case for the outer shell of the machine so now it is for the inside. i need a palm rest and possibly a good track pad cover to prevent it from scratching and for the key board i am planning to buy the Moshi ClearGuard and good opinions or suggestions? any would be appreciated. thanks :apple:

2. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

3. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

As stated many times before do not cover your keyboard as your Mac breathes through it.

4. dudeitsjay macrumors regular

it breathes through the keyboard? I thought it breathed through the perforations to the sides of the keyboard, where it looks like speakers are also. And if breathing is truly an intentional design, why do they selling http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV901LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2OA&mco=NDMzNDE1Nw

Just curious really, not trying to be an ass. The invisible shield is pretty expensive. A cheaper alternative is to get the http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront which people say is the same exact composition and level of quality and protection that invisible guard gives for less. But there's no lifetime warranty.

I've got a 17'' uMBP and I think I've got no other choice but to cough up 60 and do invisible shield, since bestskinsever doesn't make a 17'' and "never will" according to their email response quoting "shipping issues" as the culprit...

5. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

Just be careful with the speck seethru case as if little dust particles get in between the case and the Macbook itself it can actually CAUSE scratches.

I'm kind of OCD so I got an invisible shield for the entire Macbook (to protect against scratches etc.) and then put on the Speck Seethru case. I also use a Moshi Clearguard (with all these protective accessories its made my 13" MBP like 5.xlbs, almost the same as a 15" MBP so kinda defeats the purpose of the light weight but oh well).

For the keyboard cover I've used the zCover brand, kbcovers.com, and now Moshi Clearguard and the clearguard is the best IMHO. The thinnest so doesn't interfere with typing as much.

My invisibleshield covers the palmrest + touchpad as well so I just use that, but if you don't want to get an invisibleshield, I've heard good things about the Moshi Palmguard. Good luck.