Mbp needs to add new features

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grAntsOkO, Apr 7, 2011.

1. grAntsOkO, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

grAntsOkO macrumors newbie

Okay. So we all know the mbp is great. But it can get better. A lot better. So first of all this is the PRO version so it needs to jam every possible thing into it. Give me some ideas on what should be added to it.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How will it help, since Apple doesn't read this forum? If you want things added or changed, send feedback to Apple.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Most of the demands and "suggestions" people make for Apple devices make me extremely glad they are not employed by the Apple design team.

4. omar4578, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011

omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

personally as of now i would like usb 3.0 because having the thunderbolt for a year w/o use is ridiculous, they shouldve atleast put one 3.0 slot...

do you guys think apple shouldve added light scribe? or is there a better thing out there? i mean i love the whole idea that i can put a permanent design on my cd, but it takes hours to do so, with apples fast cd drives= much better :)

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Actually the superdrives are really slow compared to standard height models.

6. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

thats not good, so your saying that my laptop now pretty much is the same as apples "super drive"?

7. jondob macrumors member

Do you work for Apple? I didn't think you did....

The MBP is perfect for me, and I don't need much more..

If it doesn't meet your needs buy a computer that does.

8. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

dont be so harsh on the kid, maybe he wants to work for apple in the near future and wants to start off with ideas? lol

9. bpaluzzi macrumors 6502a

bpaluzzi

This is either brilliant sarcasm, or you're not really familiar with Apple products.

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Lightscribe is a gimmick. I'd rather not pay for junk like this.

11. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

how else can you get pics on your cd without fancy equipment or a printer?

12. SpitUK macrumors 6502

But it's a feature that the majority of people don't want!

13. tty56 macrumors newbie

I would like to see the DVD Drive remove

That gives some room for a MacBook Air like SSD slot. And, a decent gigabit adapter would be great.

14. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

lol true i guess, so then now they have to offer a good alternative..but w/e

15. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Why on earth do I give a crap if a CD I burn has pictures on it? It's a gimmick, nothing more. They do not need to offer an alternative. If you are so concerned about lightscribe, get an external and burn to your heart's content.

16. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

i am not concerned in any way of this, i just thought it would be nice for apple to have this on the computer, (isnt this what this thread is about anyways?)

also how is it a gimmick? i think who ever thought of the idea was a genius. this way you can sell all your dj tracks to people with the names of the songs on the cd itself, if it doesnt benefit you (fine) but light scribe definitely benefits me.

17. superfula macrumors 6502

Of course Apple reads this forum and every other large website devoted to their products.

I don't think he's looking to give feedback to Apple, but what people would like to see for improvements on the current/future models.

18. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

And you have proof of this.... how? If this were the case, the suggestions that have been flooding these forums would already be included in current Macs, such as Blu-ray, USB 3.0, etc. Apple does not design their products based on forum posts.
    Asking for opinions is fine. My post referred only to the statement, "This will help a lot in the production of the next mbp hopefully.", which the OP has since edited their original post and removed.

19. superfula macrumors 6502

It isn't a gimmick, but it's a feature used by a small number. Sometimes people think that is the definition of gimmick.

Of course it's a good idea for some. But no company is going to add every feature needed by every single person. They'll add in what sells and what they'll make money from. Apple tends to sell what they want regardless of what the users want, because they know people will buy whatever they produce. For some, what is included is exactly what is needed. For others it isn't, which is fine too. Dell and HP still sell a quality computer that generally has more options at a cheaper price.

20. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This exactly proves my point that Apple doesn't design products based on forum posts.

21. superfula macrumors 6502

Who says they design products based upon what is said here? Just because something is requested on a website and not included in a Mac doesn't mean they aren't here reading. I just stated they keep tabs on Apple-related websites, that's all. For all we know they have implemented ideas that were posted here first.

Meh. Being that he's new here he's probably just excited to be posting.

22. superfula macrumors 6502

Again, no one made the claim that they do. You seem to be arguing with...no one.

23. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The OP's original statement did, which is the one I responded to and you challenged.

24. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

Ever heard the saying that if Henry Ford would have given people what they wanted he would have just given them more horses? I think this applies to Apple as well. They're staff is always thinking ahead of what will be most useful for their intended consumer. As the consumer you have a choice of what to buy, if Apple doesn't meet your needs then you buy something else. It's as simple as that.

25. superfula, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

superfula macrumors 6502

No, you just misunderstood what he was looking for. But that's ok. The subject isn't the topic at hand so there's no reason to discuss it here.

Part of it is obviously what they think people will buy. But they are still trying to maintain their huge markup along with a target msrp, which is why you don't see the same video cards that Dell or HP put in. Dell, HP will do the same thing, but they tend to skimp on the little extras (lighted keyboard, case material, screen perhaps). Granted they don't usually add stuff that people won't use. They've generally erred on the conservative side.

If it were my choice, I'd gladly choose an inferior video card in exchange for the solid casing, build quality and keyboard Apple provides vs what the other guys offer.