MBP owners, matte or glossy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wankey, Apr 29, 2009.

?

What screen do you use

1. MBP 17 Matte

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. MBP 17 Glossy

40 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. If only they put a matte on MBP 15

50 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. wankey macrumors 6502a

Lets see how many macbook pro owners are using matte or glossy...

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

This has been asked many times before... But I won't upgrade my MacBook Pro (non-unibody) until they bring back the Matte option on the 15".

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

this is the link to it if you want to vote. i did it before could start it up again tho

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

What if you have a matte 15" MBP? Did you just responses from the Unibody crowd?

5. aleni macrumors 68020

bought a glossy UMBP17", regreted it, should've bought the matte version. :(

6. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

7. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

I'm happy with my 15" unibody. Don't want matte.

8. aleni macrumors 68020

me too, i really don't mind about glossy. the screen is amazing when at home, but at my office where my desk is behind a big window, it's pretty lame, especially i work with adobe illustrator all day.

9. magamo macrumors 6502

I bought a glossy 17". I might have chosen the matte option if the bezel was black. Matte seems to be better when it comes to color and reflection, but the glass and the black bezel match up with the keys and the silver body. Glossy is more aesthetically pleasing to me.

10. Mcmac17 macrumors member

I bought a glossy too. The fans failed within a month, so as it was getting replaced I swapped to the a matte screen on the replacement. It suits me better. But I preferred the look of the black bezel by far.

11. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

12. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Glossy is the only option on the 15", so that's what I'm getting. Would have preferred matte, but I've been using a glossy MB for the last three years with no problem, can't say it's a major issue for me.

13. pik. macrumors 6502

pik.

there can be only matte.....:rolleyes:

give me a matte unibody and I ll buy it...

till then my Penryn 2,5GHz will be on my hands...

14. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

I just purchased a 15" Uni MBP with the glossy screen. Every other mac I owned in the past had the matte screen. I tired to use my laptop in my office with normal office lighting and a window behind me and I struggled to see the screen. I think the next one will be matte again.

15. n0d3 macrumors regular

Would the absence of the glass in the matte version make the 17" UB lid any more umm "flexy"?

16. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

There have been dozens if not hundreds of threads about this, but I still prefer glossy. I'm sitting in a sunny room right now and there are no reflections on my screen, FYI. Its really no different than using the screen of an iPhone...

Who wants dry, dull, flat colors?

17. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I don't know about that. There is an aluminum border in place of the glass, so it's not like the strength is compromised.

18. groove-agent macrumors 6502a

groove-agent

I just had abusiness meeting the other day and I was showing a client his website on my umbp. He commented on how hard it was to see the screen due to the glare. I purposely sat towards the window too.

I've orderded a 15 SR 2.5 to replace it due to the unacceptable glare, sharp edges, and clunky trackpad.

no thanks apple, you can keep your glossy screens.

19. pesc macrumors regular

Sometimes I hate the screen on my iPhone. When I'm riding a train I see myself or the background all the time and it drives me nuts.

On the other hand I don't use the iPhone for hours. That's what my laptop is for. And it will never have a glossy screen. Ever.

20. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Matte screen only here.

Have an older MBP15 with a matte display. :)

21. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm going to sent my MacBook Pro in for the matter conversion when I have time to send it in; if I have to, I'll do the conversion myself with a Dremel.

22. altmac macrumors member

Bring in the matte screen!

Com'on Apple bring in the option for matte screen on the 15" MBP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I used to use a matte but couldnt stand it so went back to a glossy on my new 17"

24. 4D4M macrumors regular

4D4M

Got glossy/glassy whatever on my 17. Odd choice for a designer, I'm told.

More glare, more headaches (although the latter might be because the resolution is higher and text is smaller. And I'm old!).

But I don't regret it. Colours look so much deeper, richer, more vivid. And with that black surround... so damn sexy. :)

25. mmacc macrumors member

After comparing both the matte and the glossy side by side my choice was easy. I chose the glossy one. The matte one looked liked you were viewing it through a L.A. smog. The glossy had vivid colors and the contrast was excellent with blacks being really black. As for as reflections, I just rotate or tilt the screen or simply turn up the brightness if I’m located in that situation.