MBP update today!?!

macarty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
I can only hope so... Apple store has the "we will be back soon" thing going on!

If so I call "first" :p

wakestar

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
they were already down for maintenance earlier today... i have a feeling they were getting the site earlier today and now they are launching the new MBP... everyone let's just hope this is the real deal

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
^^^^ That is more likely.

they were already down for maintenance earlier today... i have a feeling they were getting the site earlier today and now they are launching the new MBP... everyone let's just hope this is the real deal
That doesn't even make any sense.

Plus, they're allowed to do maintenance twice in a day.

There's no down-only-once-a-day-for-maintenance rule.

wakestar

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
^^^^ That is more likely.

They're allowed to do maintenance twice in a day.

There's no down-only-once-a-day-for-maintenance rule.
Of course they would be allowed to do maintenance twice in a day... I am just saying that it seems suspicious.

luis.s

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2010
New Zealand
NZ store is still up, as it has been all day. I also checked the Australian store, as well as a few European and Asian ones. All still up. Canada, US and Mexico are the only ones that aren't that I could find, as with this morning (Monday morning NZ time)

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Has Apple ever done preorders? Or is it that half hearted "pre reservation lol jk" bs that they did for the iphones. I know they did them for Snow Leopard (which is how I got my copy) but I still had to wait in line for the 3G.

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
California
Has Apple ever done preorders? Or is it that half hearted "pre reservation lol jk" bs that they did for the iphones. I know they did them for Snow Leopard (which is how I got my copy) but I still had to wait in line for the 3G.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea if they have done preorders on their macs. They did on the iphone 1st gen in southern California....or was that AT&T?

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
The store is back up. Nothing new apparently.

Apple can't offer the iPad for sale until they get FCC approval, not even preorders. They have this little note on the iPad's website:
This device has not yet been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.

Peter95

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
I hate you OP...!
I was totally looking for Some great news but just got my hopes up for nothing lol

fatgorilla

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2009
Maybe they were preparing for updates tomorrow, ie. 02 Feb. :)

Anyways, time to go back and weep again. Why the hell aren't suppliers running out of stock yet !?

Falk3r

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Change Thread Title?

Now that we know it isn't today... can the OP update the thread title so as to stop breaking people's hearts?

Do any Mac Historians know what time of day the store is typically updated? AKA, at what time can I turn off my well of endless optimism and start looking forward to next Tuesday?