[MBPR late 2016 15" TB] Reproducible kernel panic in sleep

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by cirelkc, Aug 2, 2019.

1. cirelkc macrumors newbie

My MBPR was running all good until recently found it keeps getting kernel panic every time the system is getting sleep

what I have done to troubleshoot

• running safe mode, in 10.14 is fine but not 10.12
    • resetting NVRAM/SMC multiple times
    • fresh reinstalling 10.12 and 10.14, without any extra stuffs installed
    • tuning every parameters in "energy saver" of settings
    • deleting sleepimage file
    all of these won't work, with the same KP

It seems like a world-wide known issue, mainly on late 2016 15", can. anybody please help?

the warranty expired but I still tried to seek help from genius, but they wont do/don't know anything after seeing the diagnostic results are passed

also attach system log for reference, I clicked "sleep" at 11:27am and saw the KP black screen at 11:28am

I'm still digging some hints some the log

Attached Files:

2. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

3. cirelkc thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the link but i have tried the newest version (without any outstanding updates in settings) & 10.12, both wont work, im now trying to see if 10.13 would do
    also, since 10.14 safe mode is working properly, i compare the kext loaded in safe and normal mode, "com.apple.driver.AppleEmbeddedOSSupportHost" was not loaded into safe mode while it did during normal boot. its quite suspicious as its the cause in the kernel panic report

4. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

That sucks, I was hoping that the update in the article that I linked would of helped you out, but you already tried it.

I am not sure it would help, but you can report the kernel panic as a bug to Apple. It could be related to the sleep bug.

In the meantime, I would probably try a fresh OS install on a external drive. See how it behaves. Unless you already did this too:

5. cirelkc thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for suggesting but no luck :(
    i have called apple support to seek help, i believe there are lots of similar cases over the world