Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimtreats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2016
England
Hi everyone,

I'm the developer of my newly released cooking timer app, MealTime.

MealTime3.png

You can find more out about it at the following links
It’s all about managing the intricate timings required to complete a roast dinner like Thanksgiving, or Christmas dinners having all the items finish cooking at once.

IMG_5791_CookingSteps.PNG

It’s the only app to my knowledge that actually manages microwave oven cooking properly, time sharing the oven whenever you try to cook more than one microwaved item at a time.

It also displays all of this in a timeline Gannt chart so you can actually see when your various items are being managed.
IMG_5785_Timeline_landscape.png

Alongside the main meal functionality it also includes a few useful tools, the first being simple timer support that lets you create, start, stop, and pause multiple simple timers at once, with 5 second precision instead of the 1 minute precision of the built in iOS clock app.

IMG_5804_Timers.PNG

Next, is a microwave wattage tool that lets you quickly transform microwave oven cooking instructions from a particular wattage in the instructions to the right wattage for your home's microwave oven

IMG_5783_MicrowaveWattages.PNG

Top all of this off with first rate voice over support for visually impaired users, built in text to speech to allow you to have instructions read out to you whilst getting your hands dirty doing the cooking and easier access to the timings being managed via a today widget and Apple Watch app.

Happy to answer any questions on this thread, and can also be reached via the Facebook and Twitter pages linked from the App's homepage above.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.