Medics/EMTs

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Pkupman57, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Pkupman57 macrumors regular

Any other Medics or EMTs wear their watch on the ambulance?

I want to, but just not sure its a good replacement for my G-shock for vitals and such. It doesn't stay on long enough on wrist raise, and I have it set to the longest time if I touch it, but I cant imagine having to touch it every time.

2. nikster0029 macrumors 6502a

nikster0029

Ditto. Impossible to use need an always on display. Even tapping for 75 seconds awake is not going to help when I need vitals ASAP

3. John Yester macrumors newbie

John Yester

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I wouldn't recommend.

5. rjflyn macrumors regular

As much as watches get the crap beat out of them your best off with a 25-30 dollar Casio or whatever. You can buy 10 of them for the price of an Apple

6. Pkupman57 thread starter macrumors regular

This is what Im leaning towards. I have a white (well, mostly still white) G-shock Ive had since my last career in hazmat. Always on display and and while it wasn't the cheapest of watches, its taken a lot of beatings and Im not so afraid of it being in contact with, fluids. It hasn't been to the point I wasn't comfortable with my cleaning of it yet, but I wouldn't cry if it got too bad and I just tossed it and replaced it. Apple Watch, I probably would.

I know one EMT who wears an old series 1 at work, he says it works well enough, but I dont know about all that.

7. BasicGreatGuy, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I agree with others. Get a cheap watch. The last thing you want is bodily fluids (and who knows what else) to get sprayed / thrown / dropped on the watch, through no fault of your own.

8. BCCISProf macrumors newbie

Agreed! Apple Watch is best left at home when on the ambulance.