Memeory leak??

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by ivnj, Jul 11, 2012.

  1. ivnj macrumors 65816

    Dec 8, 2006
    I have mini late 2006 1.66ghz 2gb ram installed at apple store same day on march 14 2007 when I got it. I lost the original restore discs so I ordered new ones from apple. Finally got it to work and boot apple hardware test. My internal is shot and keeps spitting out discs. But my generic firewire external worked to run apple hardware test.

    Anyhow onto the problem. Hardware test doesn't boot. I just get this memory leak error after the apple hardware test logo. Please see attached photo. Anyhow I have 10.6.6 installed now. Not the original tiger. And all I do is web browsing and email. Nothing too heavy. And so far no errors. Should I be conserned or just let it go??

    Attached Files:

  2. ivnj thread starter macrumors 65816

    Dec 8, 2006
    I took it to apple store and they said they would examine it for free and in a few days we we'll see. But it was expensive. 130 for new ram. And 200 including labor if I had a bad motherboard. And 150 ish for a new cd rom drive cuz mine keeps spitting out discs. It is cheaper to get a new mini. Plus it may be vintage and not fixable anymore they said.

    Now the question is wait for a ivy bridge mini or get a new mini right now. One of those 519 refurbished ones. Free shipping and os cd is never included anyway cuz lion is download only and has no cd or dvd. So not a bad deal.

    Or maybe when ivy gets released the old mini be reduced less. The orignal mini was 499 and intel was 599 so if ivy is 699 or 799 even base it might be too much and maybe better to just get now.
  3. philipma1957 macrumors 603


    Apr 13, 2010
    Howell, New Jersey
    get a refurb if you can wait get it after the new mini comes out.
  4. ivnj thread starter macrumors 65816

    Dec 8, 2006
    well right now its just a rumor. No word for sure from apple if a mini refresh is for real.

    Also if I do get one I'd like to upgrade memory. Does it need to be installed in pairs however. Or can I just get one 8gb chip and another 8gb later if I decide.
  5. ivnj thread starter macrumors 65816

    Dec 8, 2006
    Its weird I just came back from apple and they said no issues.

Share This Page