Merging separate AT&T accounts into one shared plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MaxPower49, Sep 16, 2012.

1. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

How does this work? Is it allowed? I just signed for an AT&T individual plan a few days ago when I preordered my iPhone 5... so I don't even have an active AT&T line yet. If I wanted to go in with a couple of other people on a shared plan instead, would they allow me to do that? I saw something about not being able to transfer a line for the first 30 days after activating the account.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    You can merge different accounts under one. Just call up AT&T.
    You will have to assume responsibility for that line and merge it to the other accounts family plan or create a family plan.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

One single person will be responsible for that account. If the "main holder" does not pay the bill, you are screwed. Just be aware of what this means.

5. MaxPower49 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not worried about that. Just wondering how it works merging 3 different accounts with one of them being brand new.

6. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

You're not actually merging accounts so one name is liable for all charges. You are canceling two accounts and adding two lines to one account.

AT&T may request the imei and iccid numbers of the phones you are going to add. Each line added will cost $40 per month on the shared plan and each phone will be subject to a $36 activation fee.