Messaging issues since going to iOS 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mark316, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mark316 macrumors member

Hey there, so since I changed my 4S to iOS 6 i've had some text messaging issues. I've noticed a lot of the time when I receive a text it doesn't alert me, the screen doesn't light up or vibrate, nothing shows up on lock screen (yes I made sure it's all turned on in the settings). Yet when i go into my phone the badge will show i've gotten messages on the messaging icon. This happens even when im using the phone too, I won't get a notification pop up at the top of the screen like it's supposed to, but when I exit an app i'll see I got another text.

And then certain times it does work and it will show up on the lock screen :confused:

Any ideas??

2. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

You talking about iMessages or SMS? I had to turn iMessage off as I would only know I received the message if I opened the App. Did not notify me whatsoever much like you are describing.

3. chino-rican macrumors member

chino-rican

Go to:
    Settings-> Notifications

Are you sure you have it turned on in Notifications Center? Also, make sure you have selected banner, badge, or whichever you prefer. Lastly, there is also an option for "show in lock screen."

The only other thing that comes to mind is make sure iMessages is turned on? Not sure if it will do anything, but it's worth checking.

I hope this helps.

4. Mark316 thread starter macrumors member

Both actually, I find it happens most when I'm talking back and forth with someone and the texts are coming frequently

5. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Check to see if the new Do Not Disturb feature is accidentally turned on during the times it's not working. The issue you are mentioning sounds exactly like how the Do Not Disturb function is supposed to operate (message comes in, but no screen light up or notification). At the times when this happens, do you see a picture of a little moon in the top, next to the time? If so, check to see if you the Do Not Disturb is on a schedule.