Met this girl

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, May 20, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

and she is awesome. she is 22, im 24 and she is in the marines and very cute and easy to talk to

however i suck at this signals thing

we met for coffee at 830 and just got back home 3 hrs later. the convo was sooooo easy it wasnt funny. i have had some where it was like torture to talk

however, before we got talking, i said "dont worry i got it" and she said "thats alright". the cashier rang them as one and she payed......ugh so not cool but she didnt mind

anyways, the convo was great, talked about so many htings. we then walked around for like 2 hrs continuing to talk

at the end, we were just standing by our cars and she came in for a hug. not knowing what to do, (reminds me of that just friends movie) i just hug her back......however, i was pretty sure she wanted me to kiss her (she initiated the hug) so as we stop hugging, i do kiss her (usually i am such a coward with these things)

as i walk back to my car, she is driving off and gives me 2 beeps with her horn....that has to be a good sign right?

so anyways, once i get home, i text her "thanks for the coffee:) I would definitly like to see you again"

havent received a text back yet. was it too soon, did i blow my chance like i tend to do

what are your thoughts?

ugh this is so racking on my brain lol

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

You know, it is possible that she didn't get the text, or she's like, in the bathroom or something! She's probably just as excited as you are, and is on the phone with a girlfriend talking about it.

I think you should relax. Sounds like a great connection. Let us know how it works out.:)

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Haha you sound like me. Whenever the opportunity presents itself I either grab too hard and strangle the situation, or I try and play it a little calmer and I let things just fizzle out.

Eventually I hope we find a happy medium, you and I.

Anyway, my advice (but please ignore it) is to invite her to dinner, but make sure you pay!

4. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

she just texted me:)

here it is

"I'd like to c u again 2. i had a lot of fun! thanks for coming out."

whats that last sentence meannnn. am i way over analyzing??? lol

should i text back or just coooool it for now lol

lol oh how i wish i could read minds! though the unknowing is also exciting lol

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

She's thanking you for spending time with her.

If you want to stay up and talk or text, tell her, or, if you think it's too late, say sweet dreams or something, and ask if you can text her or call her tomorrow.

7. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Yes your way over analyzing. She's just trying to tell you that she'd like to see you again, and that she likes you. You didn't screw this one up. Good luck on future dates with her.

Don

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Chill Winstaaan.

It's good mate, she thanked you for meeting her for coffee, said she had a great time. Tee up another date for a few days time and have some fun.

Stop analysing and start living!

9. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

true, pics or it didn't happen. :D

10. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

BREATH!!!!!!

AND

CHILL!!!!!!!

Seriously dont over think things (yep its WAY hard not to with someone new), the girl paying for coffee is the IN thing right now (as in sharing paying for things she gets coffee, u get a quick bite to eat, she pays for movies etc etc). Umm I'd totally chill and let it all go naturally if she doesnt text back right away its probably cos shes talking to her gf's about the night or shes playing hard to get (WHICH YOU SHOULD BE DOING TOO!!!).

Just dont make yourself too available, let yourself be desired, answer on the 3rd ring with phone calls, ignore texts for a few hours, tell her you're busy doing something if she wants to constantly hang out etc.

If you show a little restraint and almost treat her as the last thing on your mind you'll have fun with her cos you'll both want each other BADLY. There IS a fine line dont completely ignore her then start talking but totally do the above just be your own guy and find stuff to fill the time n dont seem eager always.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Pictures by Friday or we all just assume you are making it up!:p

12. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

so i got risky and texted this

she had spoken about a paper she had just found out was due Sunday

she then replied

now that has to be a good sign right lol

i dont think ill text again until tomorrow....maybe ill call as asking a date via texting seems lame but whatever lol

think that is a wise approach? i know i have to get up for work at 5am and its 1230 here. she probably has similar requirments with the Marines and all

13. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

You're in! Have fun, and relax. :cool:

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

OK mate, leave it well alone now, don't get too keen too early.

Have a good night's sleep, maybe leave it a day or so and then give her a call.

15. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Cool your heels a little and wait a day or two to call. You don't want to seem too eager or come on too strong.

16. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

As I understand the Modern Dating Ethic (speaking as a man who just celebrated his ten-year wedding anniversary) whoever invites is the one who usually pays.

Now, my suggestion: dinner. My standby was always Olive Garden. Better than fast food but not too pricey. Now, I love Italian, and most people do. Broach the idea to her: "Hey, how about Olive Garden for dinner on Saturday?"

Above all: Relax. Yes, I know that the mere idea of rejection gets your undies in a bunch. Believe me, I remember the days when a girl turning me down would sting for weeks. But, if you don't ask, she can't say Yes.

17. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

i. cant. relax.

i. cant. sleep.

tomorrow is gonna suck trying to be awake and concentrate. i havent felt this way about a girl since sophmore year of college lol
    im going to listen to you on this. as much as id love to keep texting, i know if a girl did that to me, its be a turnoff it it became excessive

i appreciate the level headedness of you guys:)
    i suggested the idea, she picked the place as she knows the area

olive garden would be good as well as glowput mini golf i would think and then icecreame?

18. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I'm not up on texting protocol, but if you've had a conversation going, just be sure to say goodnight. Basically, don't hang up without saying goodbye. But I'm old-school, so I may be advising you wrong?

19. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Nope, you're right, it's proper textiquette.

20. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Reply: "Awesome. I'll call you. Can't wait! Sleep tight." Short and sweet.

And maybe something a little nicer than Olive Garden.

[Edit] sorry, i just read into her reply a bit more. she may not have actually been agreeing to going out with you, but just wanted to say something innocent without actually letting you down or giving you a thumbs up. not sure. :)

so maybe something like "Well don't work too hard! Sleep tight." and then see what happens.

21. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Textiquette... :D

But yeah, I agree about saying good night.

22. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

nice duke! im proud for you!

i would lay off the texting as a number one means of communicating - ring her and talk to her, will make her feel much more wanted :)

it sounds like she is interested in you, girls take their time to make up their mind, dont assume things yet! maybe bring it up with her casually.?

a BIG no no, do not mention this thread to her haha, nor post any pictures on here.. girls are very wierd as far as this goes.

anyway, goodluck and keep us updated!

23. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Don't get mixed up with signals. Or dating and texting etiquette. I never really understood the whole, "Don't text back quickly or she'll think you're needy" rule, or other types of rules. They're just silly.

Don't text too often as though you were obsessed and have nothing else going on, but don't play it cool.

You're in. There's no denying it, and there's no need to worry. ;)

25. Surely Guest

Surely

Hey duke..... it looks like you've found something to do in Upstate NY after all. :cool:

Hope it works out for you.

If you go out again......
    Make sure you grab the cheque at dinner- don't let her pay on the second date. Seriously, grab it- don't even give her a chance of getting her hands on it. :D

And if you go to the Olive Garden: DON'T FILL UP ON BREAD! :p