Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
Some “pipe dream”; I use the AVP with PCVR now (flight sim, racing games, anything that uses a game controller. Even joycons work as joysticks when combined with hand tracking) and it looks far better the Q3. (Using ALVR).

I would not recommend someone buy an AVP for that though. With no dedicated VR controllers for the AVP the use case is limited, and you need a beast of a PC We’d It’s just a nice plus.

I have not used my Q3 since I got the AVP however. I do much more actual work, movie and photo editing and viewing, and simulation playing than game playing. For that AVP wins and it keeps improving.

Still all of that said I would have priced it at $1500-2000 ;)

TommyBoy5

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2010
Some “pipe dream”; I use the AVP with PCVR now (flight sim, racing games, anything that uses a game controller. Even joycons work as joysticks when combined with hand tracking) and it looks far better the Q3. (Using ALVR).

I would not recommend someone buy an AVP for that though. With no dedicated VR controllers for the AVP the use case is limited, and you need a beast of a PC We’d It’s just a nice plus.

I have not used my Q3 since I got the AVP however. I do much more actual work, movie and photo editing and viewing, and simulation playing than game playing. For that AVP wins and it keeps improving.

Still all of that said I would have priced it at $1500-2000 ;)
Good to hear. Glad to see it coming along.

As for my use case I use K&M to play games 95% of the time. Nothing like sitting in front of my computer with the Quest 3 on my head looking at a giant screen and using the K&M to play anything. It's stunning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.