Michael Bay Walks Off Stage In Embarrassment

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
Hey guys,

Check this out! The Transformers director Michael Bay has to walk off as he struggles reading from the teleprompter.

I know it's not exactly 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' but Samsung are bringing these curved screens to Android smartphones.

How embarrassing!

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
What a ****! Seriously Michael, is it to difficult to give an impromptu discussion on about an area you are supposedly an expert in? I blame him for this fiasco, but he made Samsung look bad in the process.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Guy is a jackass from what I've heard. Also is really that hard to just stand there and talk? It's not like he was being asked to give a speech about something he had no interest in.

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Yikes. That is embarrassing! It puzzles me how he couldn't just stand there and answer the questions.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
He realized he's rich, has tons of beautiful women on speed dial, has garage full of awesome cars....etc

"Don't need this"

Last edited:

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
They wrote a script for him. Paid endorsement. Show up read a script, and cash a check.

He couldn't even wing it.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I find it highly appalling that the guy even had to read off a screen. :rolleyes: I mean, honestly, the questions he was being asked were not even that hard.
Exactly! The host was even asking, basically, what inspires Bay's passion for directing. If you can't think why in the spur of the moment!?!?

Also, he resorted to asking Bay about the screen of the TV. How the "curve" will help his vision. Come up with SOMETHING...bah! :p

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
What a ****! Seriously Michael, is it to difficult to give an impromptu discussion on about an area you are supposedly an expert in? I blame him for this fiasco, but he made Samsung look bad in the process.
They should've talked about boobs and explosions. That's all Michael Bay really knows.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Hmm, maybe he had some really serious issue on his mind?? Who knows.

But gotta love the honesty in it: "Michael, you have unbelievable ideas!" "Yeah, I create unbelievable movies."

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I've seen some awful, awful presenters at CES over the years and a lot of them were just nervous wrecks on stage... pit stains, trembling, etc. Lots of engineers have this problem. I felt bad for them.

This one, on the other hand, looked like he just didn't want to be there. Don't even know who Michael Bay is, but he seems pretty well-known.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
I've seen some awful, awful presenters at CES over the years and a lot of them were just nervous wrecks on stage... pit stains, trembling, etc. Lots of engineers have this problem. I felt bad for them.

This one, on the other hand, looked like he just didn't want to be there. Don't even know who Michael Bay is, but he seems pretty well-known.
He's famous for his big budget, utterly brainless action flicks. (Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, Transformers, etc etc)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.