Michigan iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Eric8199, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Anyone know of anywhere in Michigan with iPads? The Walmart in Gaylord had 64gb wifi models Sunday, but that was it.

2. tbear1 macrumors regular

I checked the Best Buy and Target in Allen Park and they did not have anything today. They both said they have not gotten any since Friday.

Anyone else?

3. dereklai. macrumors member

4. barnaby117 macrumors member

barnaby117

I was at Woodland Mall (Grand Rapids), and they didn't get any in Monday or Tuesday.

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Southeastern Michigan is totally dry. The Briarwood Ann Arbor Store's only received two shipments so far, launch day and the next day. I was shut out both times. Only Apple Store out this way that received any so far this week was Partridge Creek and they, of course, sold out in a snap.

All the non-Apple stores have been out since launch day. Yes, I called them all. Wouldn't expect the Best Buys, Targets, and Wal-Marts to get re-stocked anytime soon if they can't even fill all their stores. It seems like 1 store a day is getting shipments.

Why does Apple hate Michigan? :rolleyes:

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I don't think there is hate anywhere in the equation. It's about supply and demand. iPad's are selling out all over the country and online sales are backed out to weeks.

There's more demand than there is supply. Good thing for us, iPads aren't sold as commodities are. Then the high demand would drive the cost up a whole lot.

7. Eric8199 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm planning on trying Somerset on the 26th. Hoping they'll have some stock by then. I've got one ordered from Apple scheduled for delivery April 6, but it's the 16gb wifi. Starting to think I might want the 32gb, or a 16 3G. I figure if I find either of those before the 6th, I can go that route. But I don't want to change my Apple order now and extend my wait time.

Also, I checked tonight and the Gaylord Walmart is out of 64s. I was almost debating just getting the 64 if they still had them (it's an hour north for me), but no such luck.

8. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I know. That's what the little rolley eyes are for. :)

Truthfully, I think Apple really blew it in terms of understanding the demand for the iPad. It's not like they haven't done this many times now between the iPhone and iPad 1, and they have more billions in cash than the GNP of many countries. They should have been able to mitigate this a bit better.

9. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I was able to locate three today at the Target in Shelby Township off 26 mile rd.
    They had two of the 32GB WIFI Black and one of the 64GB WIFI White.
    I grabbed a 32GB. This was about 2:00PM this afternoon.
    You could give them a call.

10. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I just checked the Target site and it is now showing the Shelby store is out but the Lakeside store is showing "limited availability" whatever that means.

11. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I haven't even braved the apple store somerset this week, and I need to pick up a battery.

In fact, I have yet to hold the new iPad; may check it out this weekend.

12. Nino313 macrumors member

working 10+ hours all this week sucks. I'll be up early saturday to try to get me a 16gb wi-fi white. Should I even try the Somerset location?

13. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

My inclination is that Briarwood and Somerset are going to be the toughest stores to score one at because they'll have the longest lines/most people. But, based on my calls since Saturday, it seems like one store in the area is getting a shipment a day. Obviously, just my speculation but it's based on a little bit of empirical data.

Good luck. I'm trying to hunt a white 16gb wifi down as well. I have one on order and had to call to change my email address for the shipping notifications. To my chagrin, the cs rep on the phone told me my iPad was supposed to ship on Apr 22nd which is even longer than what I was quoted when I placed the order. Hope he's wrong.

14. mohmandm macrumors member

Michigan Ipads

Saw 2 64 GB White Wifi's at Coolidge and 15 mile Target this morning. Was told they had some availbility over the phone at Target Lakeside on Hall Rd. I got there and they were adamant they didn't have any. Told them I drove from far away and they stood firm.

15. tbear1 macrumors regular

Anyone get one from 12 Oaks Apple Store? I went there on Sunday (yeah late) and they were out. They wouldn't take pre-orders or reservations. Just said stop back by...

16. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

I went nuts trying to locate my first iPad here in Southeastern MI. I ended up just ordering online. Might take a while, but it might take just as long otherwise and you won't have to waste all the time running around.

17. PFDarkside macrumors newbie

Considering stopping by Briarwood tomorrow morning on the way to work. If it's a bust I think I'll just order and wait. (I really want a 32GB or 64GB Black Verizon. I hope I don't get tempted by the last 16GB White Wifi or something....)

18. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

They've been getting their shipments in at consistently around 10:30 am or so but they havent gotten any ipads in since Saturday. Good luck. I might see you there. Probably already have! :)

19. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

The Target in Sterling Heights is showing stock available of the 32 wifi black model. According to the Target thread, the inventory seems very accurate so go and get one if you are close. I'm holding out for a 3G model.

Sterling Heights W

2310 Metropolitan Pkwy
    Sterling Heights, MI 48310
    (586) 698-1027

20. Nino313 macrumors member

+1 on checking out the target thread. Just picked up a 32gb wi-fi earlier from the eastland location

21. walangij macrumors 6502

I'm going to check southwest michigan area later today. There were small lines on launch day @ the closest Apple store.

22. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

Personally I've given up on the Apple store. I have no desire to drive around and wait in lines beyond what I've already done. Best buy is out given most all of their stock is going to folks that are putting a hundred bucks down. Target seems to be the best thing going, no lines and no driving. Just click to check inventory.

I placed my order online and will keep checking the Target inventory, seems a lot of people are having luck there. If I score, I'll just cancel my order.

23. tbear1 macrumors regular

I got one this morning. Checked the Target inventory and found several local stores indicated available. I stopped by one on the way to work. The clerk said they didn't have any. I pointed them out in the case. She grabbed one for me. The inventory was accurate as the night before it said out of stock. The other one was sold before I left. You have to get there close to opening if you want to catch one based on the inventory.

Good Luck.

24. meistro75 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Target in Westland looks to have gotten 2 32g black wifi in stock. I just picked up 1 so there is 1 left. Looks like canton store on mich ave might have some too.

25. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

FYI - Microcenter in Madison Heights recieved a big shipment in today. White/Black various sizes and both VZ and ATT. I picked up a 32 black ATT over lunch.