Microsoft Advertisement on Page 1 - creeeepy

bennyboi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
West Coast
Dudes- There's a microsoft search advertisement on Page 1 that says "Do we eat spiders in our sleep?" with crawling spiders going across the ad.

Stop this torture. I'm afraid of spiders. Better yet, let me think of eating of eating them while I sleep. Oh great and here comes Microsoft. Why not throw in Dick Cheney holding a trident riding that scary flying dragon from lord of the rings, clutching a baby with no face in the other hand while singing celine dion?

MacRumors is my online sanctuary. Truth be told, it's my homepage. But if that ad stays, I go. I can't bear the site of it (site, haha).

Seriously MacRumors, I know the cash must flow, but AT WHAT COST!!??! BILL GATES IS CHASING US AWAY!!!
:confused::mad::(

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
If you contirbute you get an ad free version of the page, (i know i haven't contributed yet but i will do soon)

Also macrumors don't choose the ads they are supplied by an external company. This is a computer forum so the ads do serve a purpose.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
the only authorized way to block ads is to pay for the ad blocking.
http://forums.macrumors.com/payments.php

Other forms of ad blocking are frowned upon.

I do concede that specific phobia of spiders is an unfortunate circumstance of the MS ads. :) lemme see how long those run.

arn

bennyboi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
West Coast
it's cool

:) lemme see how long those run.
arn
Aw, arn, if I may call you arn, no worries. I was really just horsin around and hoping to flame up some ms hate. I mean- what kind of ad is that anyway? I guess that's really a question for the graphic design forum. I love this site and have hold no hostility toward it.

Thanks
Ben

kumbaya

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
it'd be interesting to get some numbers as to how many clicks the site gets for the MS ads, and also for the PC ads (I've seen Lenovo and Toshiba so far)

as to whether they're a good thing or not, it's worthy of a test!

:) :apple:

grafikat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2003
Paying for ad free MR is the only way to go! I've been it for years...very nice to go somewhere and not get slammed by ads.