Microsoft Bringing New Dark Mode to Office Apps for iOS Devices

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Looks like Outlook was finally updated to follow the dark/light mode setting of iOS 13.

Reactions: gwhizkids

kyussmondo

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
UK
I am very impressed with Microsoft iOS and Mac apps. They are very respectful of the iOS and Mac design language and supporting new features like split-screen and dark mode. I have seen the news that a new version of Outlook is being rolled out supporting multi-window split-screen, so you could have Outlook open with both mail and calendar and they will also support drag and drop. When you compare it to Google's track record who force Material Design everywhere trying to make their iOS apps look like Android apps. Google doesn't even bother with Mac apps because they think the web is the answer to everything. Plus it takes them a while to support new features like dark mode. What is infuriating is an app like YouTube has a dark mode, but it doesn't follow the iOS system settings. Gmail had dark mode for a short while, now it is gone. Google Translate, probably the app I care least about dark mode is supported.

Reactions: gwhizkids