Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pompiliu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
How about MS Train Simulator for iPad? :)
I'd suck a d**k for that. That's what my ex gf used to say. She was trashy.:D

P.S. Damn i miss her. I might call her. Hope she got out of jail.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
This is awesome. I'm in.

Now, hopefully the new APIs let Nintendo build a controller like the one from NES, and re-release classics on iOS. I'd pay lots of money for those oldies!

They won't. They could have released them ages ago but won't because they want folks buying their hardware.

thinkpatience

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
AOE is a great game, I can't wait!

I hope they'll support Multiplayer, I suck at it, but I still want it :-D

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Bleh. Pass. I love this new age terminology "free to play" games. Yeah, it's about as enjoyable playing in free mode as it was pretending to play an arcade game in demo mode when you were out of tokens.

And how many have you actually played. Because there are tons of games that can be played just fine under this model without playing a penny.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Trending in the past few months: Microsoft is gradually, reluctantly acknowledging that the iOS platform is a potential revenue maker for them (and their other software licensees).

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
After all these years of wishing, looks like my wish will finally be granted. I cannot wait to play AOE on my iPad! :D

Dorje Sylas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Original Halo please. My god, that would be so sick...

Maybe once iOS7 and the game pad API is fully rolled out. Don't think they will though considering Halo is their little trick dog to sell Xboxes.

Also how would they handle multiplayer? I don't really feel like trying to host a game server from iPad/iPhone while playing.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
And how many have you actually played. Because there are tons of games that can be played just fine under this model without playing a penny.

Honestly, not too many. I don't have that kind of time to waste figuring out which free games are decent and which are not. I learned my lesson with Madden Social and NFL Pro last year. Both awful money suckers and unplayable in free mode. I'm happy to pay for an enjoyable game but no way am I going to pony up .25 for every decent formation. Unfortunately that is where the market seems to be going. I'll stick to word games I guess.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
srsly?
I'd be all over AOE on IOS. I wonder if we will just get AOE III or if we will get the previous versions and the expansions as well. Some of the expansions on the first two were the best versions of the game.
Rise of Rome is actually my favorite of all of the versions. I feel like the later versions sacrificed gameplay and strategic possibilities for killer graphics and cinematics.

Since it's apparently free to play, I'm guessing it's a variant of the cartoony FTP version, unfortunately.

Yes. These games were made for a tablet interface.

Are we thinking of the same game? Turn based games like Civ V are perfect; RTSes that require fast reflexes, not too much.

BetaWand

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
Wow. Age of Empires is pretty fun too. Good move by Microsoft.

vtbanner.jpg

sbrhwkp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
Lake George, NY
Maybe once iOS7 and the game pad API is fully rolled out. Don't think they will though considering Halo is their little trick dog to sell Xboxes.

Also how would they handle multiplayer? I don't really feel like trying to host a game server from iPad/iPhone while playing.

Valid questions that I don't have answers to. Perhaps it'd be retooled for a less intensive multiplayer system. Two vs. two games?

ifij775

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Boston, MA
This sounds like a huge win for Apple. I can only imagine if this lead to more Microsoft games coming to more Apple devices.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
From someone who is decidedly NOT much of a gamer (or at least not enough to justify the cost of a new console for a couple of $60 games), there are a small number of titles I would love to see on iOS:

All Halos
All Splinter Cells
All Metal Gear Solids
All Super Mario Bros
All Unreal Tournaments
The Rest of Us

Probably a couple more that I don't remember.

I would like to try some more games, but it isn't a priority, and the games seem scattered across all the exclusive devices.

If they came to iOS, I could enjoy them because I already have an iOS device for other reasons.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Maybe now I can figure out why clicking on the docks plays that "who-de-who-de-who-de-hooooooooo" clip.

Seriously. Does anyone know what that's about? Is it some ancient Roman dock worker thing? Is it something in Latin I can't understand? I need to know. It's haunted me for years.

It's an ancient Medieval-era Serbo-Croatian sea shanty. Don't you know ANYTHING?!

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.