Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just saw this. No clue if I should be excited or not and don't know when it will appear.

July 2019- Amazon Games Announces Interactive Middle-Earth Tolkien Game; Multiplayer Experience Set Prior To ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Events

A free-to-play, “massively multiplayer” online game set in J.R.R. Tolkien’s universe of hobbits, wizards and dragons is on its way from Amazon Game Studios in collaboration with Middle-earth Enterprises and Hong Kong-based interactive developer and publisher Leyou Technologies. As yet untitled (and undated), the game, says Amazon, promises players “a new, immersive game experience for epic exploration of the vast world of Tolkien.”

To be published on PC and console, the game – set prior to the events depicted in the Lord of the Rings trilogy – is unrelated to the LOTR-based TV series being developed by Amazon. The game’s development is being led by the team behind Amazon’s New World game and veteran developers whose credits include World of Warcraft, Defiance, Everquest and others.

hieromonk

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2018
Hong Kong
Is it out?
It doesn’t matter , the developer has stated that they don’t give a **** of macOS and their users and have no plan to make the game available on it
( I got the reply from their twitter DM )

people should be boycotting developers like that and not try to play their games on boot camp as a workaround , it shows the world macOS users are pathetic

for example , if I came across a game on steam but it shows Microsoft Windows only I would say **** off and put it on ignore

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It doesn’t matter , the developer has stated that they don’t give a **** of macOS and their users and have no plan to make the game available on it
( I got the reply from their twitter DM )

people should be boycotting developers like that and not try to play their games on boot camp as a workaround , it shows the world macOS users are pathetic

for example , if I came across a game on steam but it shows Microsoft Windows only I would say **** off and put it on ignore
That’s fine, but I pulled the plug on MacGaming about 8 years ago. I use my Mac everyday, but just not for gaming (use my PC for that) so I’m not inclined to talk about boycotting a developer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.