Minecraft Help

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Huntn, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

If playing this game on an Xbox and Xbox craps out, can anyone tell me if the saved game status is saved on line or is it only stored on the individual Xbox? And if I get a new Xbox will I be able to easily restore Minecraft progress by simply logging into the game?

Thanks!

2. GrayApple macrumors member

Xbox saves games wherever you choose. So it depends on what save type you selected when the game first launched. You could have saved it to your hard drive, a flash drive(if you had one), or the cloud(if you had activated it). Unfortunately(like most people, myself included), you probably just hit the first one without thinking much of it. This means it is most likely stored on your hard drive. However, if your Xbox 360 fails, that doesn't necessarily mean that your hard drive doesn't still have it stored.

TL;DR: Depends on what you selected

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Thanks! I'll have to look into it, but I suspect save files are on the Xbox. I think I might be able to recover them.

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I started a huge castle project on Minecraft Xbox edition. I've looked around online and have seen some links that indicate that it is possible to move a Minecraft xbox saved game to pc/mac.

Question: Is it possible? I imagine first step would be to save a saved game to a flash drive. Is it as simple as moving the saved game over to the Minecraft saved game location on your Mac/PC?

Thanks!

5. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn