Minecraft question.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by streetfoldsfive, Jan 27, 2013.

1. streetfoldsfive macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

On my late 27 inch imac with a 2gb graphics card I only get between 70 to 80ish frames per second on minecraft someone with this graphics card showed me there's at 200ish any ideas?

2. large farva macrumors regular

Have you tried checking your settings? ALSO, when they showed you 200 FPS, was it on another iMac? Or was it on a desktop PC? Because the desktop "PCI" NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 completely blows away the mobile version, which is what's in your iMac, hense the "MX" at the end of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX. Me personally, I play a lot of Minecraft. More than any other game, and about 80 FPS is all I really expect to get out of it. The Retina MacBook Pros with the 650M 1GB GPUs give you about 55 - 65 FPS.

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

Not sure it matters.... Your display is 60hz, so you're not going to see more than 60fps without extreme tearing. If you can lock vsync to ON, do so, since 60fps is all you need/can see on these displays, and tearing stinks.

4. pubjoe macrumors 6502

Minecraft fps can vary greatly depending on where you are and what's going on. Also video settings make a large difference, eg: render distance.

5. large farva macrumors regular

MAN I can't wait to play minecraft on my 27" iMac!!!! DANGIT! I really wish my order would go to Preparing For Shipment already!

6. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

I've been playing it last few days and been loving. It looks great on this display. Been using the sphax bd craft texture pack and everything is so sharp and vivid. You'll love it :D

7. large farva macrumors regular

Well. Hopefully Apple can actually get mine shipped out like they've been getting everyone else's shipped out. Ordered placed on the 9th are Prepping For Shipment and being Shipped. I ordered mine on the 10th. So in theory I should be next. Hopefully made quicker by the fact that I selected a simple 1TB 7200rpm HDD, rather than the Fusion drive that is so popular. The only iMac's I've been seeing slightly delayed, compared to the others are the ones with the 3TB Fusion Drives. With those, orders placed on the 3rd and 4th are shipping. I tell you what though, my patience is running pretty damn thin. I'm almost tempted to say screw it, cancel the order and go to the Apple Store and buy a freaking Retina MacBook Pro, or maybe even a macked out Classic MBP.

8. Serban Suspended

what the hell is minecraft ?? link for gameplay plz