Mini 2010 HDD Upgrade Problem Help

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Wicked1, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok so trying to remove the two heat sensor cables from the mini's logic board, I pulled the cables out of the connector, so now both heat sensors on my Mini are shot.

Can I use the Mini without them, if not how much does Apple charge to repair this thing, I mean why do they use such sensitive stuff, the older Mini was much easier to upgrade...

2. philipma1957, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

can you post a photo? if you really damaged the cable it is cheaper then if the socket on the board is broken

this is a link to the 2010 board on the edge is 2 hdd sockets and the fan socket last next to the fan socket is one more socket. did you brake any of the four sockets?

http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/pTgq5NnfVUQbJEu4.huge

3. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Nope little gold wire ends pulled out from the little black connector, in fact I notice the connector off then I was able to get the little black connectors off the logic board, however I think I have to take it back to Apple, or return it as I just bought it refurb and I am not sure I like this model as it is much harder to upgrade then my 2009.

I will have to call Apple and see what they say about returning it even though I am within 7 days.