iPad mini Mini 5 is allready a neutral on the buyers guide ?

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
It's based on the average cycle. The iPad Air was forgotten, left to rot, then discontinued, and now they brought it back - so the average time for a cycle has been artificially increased.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
I’d love a mini pro with the same body style as the other pros, usb c, and pencil 2 compatibility.
Same! Although ive adapted to having the 11" iPP, I really do miss the size of my mini :( Dont get me wrong, I am happy Apple hasnt completely killed off the iPad mini line as many have wrongly speculated, but I just wish they would have had a Pro option. But I see their concern of having a small "pro" device due to the smaller screen size. Hopefully in another 2 years we can see a mini that resembles the 11" iPP. Just depends on if they can keep a profit margin with all those new features.

• Love
Reactions: Cape Dave

CrazyForCashews

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
I greatly doubt the Mini 5 will be updated anytime soon.

And if it does get updated some time in the future, it better have a design like the iPad Pros.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
UK
I think the fact that they have the 2017 adjustment to storage capacity down as a release has distorted the figures into making it a neutral already.

The Air was updated annually for one year only before the name was revived after 4 and a half years, so that keeps the average between releases up, keeping it green for longer.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68030
Jul 6, 2007
I’m still looking for the iPad mini 5 to go on sale. It’s the only iPad I haven’t seen go on sale this year.

Reactions: jacenskylo

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
Came out exactly 6 months ago. Hardly warrants a sale, as it's selling just fine.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
If you like the Mini 5 then buy it. I buy based on my wants/needs not someone else’s green light. However, I skipped the Mini 5 because I moved on from a home button when I bought the iPhone X on launch day. It’s a great little tablet but I’m not going backwards in tech. Home button and the gen 1 Apple Pencil is backwards tech. No way I’m carrying around two pencils. Of course that’s all just my personal choice.

sracer

macrumors G3
Apr 9, 2010
Prescott Valley, AZ
That's because it's a hard sale when compared to the 10.5" iPad Pro from 2017.
Nope. Apple changed it's marketing of the iPad about 5 years ago and regular sales are part of that plan. Every time an iPad goes on sale there are always a few who draw the conclusion that it means that a new iPad is coming or the current one isn't selling well.

It is no longer unreasonable to expect a sale within a few months of an iPad's release.

rui no onna

macrumors 604
Oct 25, 2013
Nope. Apple changed it's marketing of the iPad about 5 years ago and regular sales are part of that plan. Every time an iPad goes on sale there are always a few who draw the conclusion that it means that a new iPad is coming or the current one isn't selling well.

It is no longer unreasonable to expect a sale within a few months of an iPad's release.
I think the comment regarding Air 3 vs Pro 10.5 meant the Air 3 at higher price than the Pro 10.5 is harder to sell.

Macintoshrumors

Suspended
Oct 18, 2016
Strange, as far as I can remember there hasn't been a rumour of a Mini 6 yet.

Still a great product so don't let that bother you if you want one.
There isn’t mini6 rumors and there wont be for a few more years. The device came out in March with a A12 chip that will be supported for at least 5 years.

I wouldnt pay any attention to these buyer guides. If you do minimal research on apple trends/cycles/the 3-4 yearly keynotes (spring, wwdc, sept iphone, random fall event) and apply logic while examining your personal needs, you can make a rational decision wether or not to buy an iDevice.

ssledoux

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I still haven’t jumped on the mini bandwagon, although I think about it all the time, and still want to. I know I don’t need it, and wonder if I could find a good use for it since I have the iPhone 11, and an 11” iPP.

What I probably should’ve done is gone with the smaller iPhone pro and gotten a mini 5 then I could bump my iPP to a 12.9. I really thought with the 11” iPP, I’d use it more away from the desk, but with the keyboard folio on it, I wind up using it at the desk or table, and never really using it elsewhere. If I’m not gonna have it as my portable device, I should have the 12.9 for more screen real estate. Not to mention I’d really like toting around a smaller phone, but since I wind up using my phone in bed because my iPP is too big, I like having a slightly larger phone.

What’s your ideal iOS device lineup?