Mirage OS-Ti-84+SE

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
i'm trying to get games on my new ti-84+ silver edition(don't worry, not to play during class;)) and i've successfully installed pong and mariokart. i've found super mario (both versions 1.2 and 2.0), but when i tried to open then in the programs directory, i got a syntax error. then, i found out that they required the mirageOS shell, which i downloaded and installed. then, when i open up mirage OS and look in the main system folder, mario doesn't appear. i'm stumped. can anybody help? thanks:)
 

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
856
0
Maryland
Ive run in this problem in the past when i made basic programs for my calculator ,IIRC the reason mirage is not seeing the program is because it does not have the "::" preceding the game code, so you need to edit the program before you upload it to your calc.
For instance if the code was this:
Code:
:blah blah blah
:blah blah blah blah
You would change it to this:
::blah blah blah
:blah blah blah blah
I dont know if it would work with games you download though.
 

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
555
1
Did you archive the programs? If not, they won't show up in MirageOS. Also, are you sure they are compatible with the MirageOS shell? Even if the programs are ASM, they might only be compatible with the ION shell.
 

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
1,212
1
Saint Charles, MO
Mario can be dodgy I believe. The one I have has caused my calculator (TI-84+ Silver) problems. It won't show up in Mirage always, and a way to fix it is to go into memory and unarchive it and try again, or unarchive and archive again. I have had a problem where mario will not archive, but everytime you try to archive it, it takes up more RAM space, then I have to clear the ram and it usually works again.
 

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
555
1
wmmk said:
how do you archive files and compile .asm files into .8xp files?
To archive a file:

2nd >+ >Mem Mgmt/Del... > All... > Select the file and hit Enter to archive it. It's archived if there's an asterisk next to it. As for compiling .asm files, I'm not so sure. You may want to check out TICalc.org if you haven't already.
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
steelphantom said:
To archive a file:

2nd >+ >Mem Mgmt/Del... > All... > Select the file and hit Enter to archive it. It's archived if there's an asterisk next to it. As for compiling .asm files, I'm not so sure. You may want to check out TICalc.org if you haven't already.
hmmmmm.......
archived the file, but it still won't show up in mirage! should i just try ION?
EDIT: i just installed ION, and it has no interface. when i run prGmA (which is the ION binary), the word done shows up and that is all. if i clear the screen, go to programs, and run prGm MARIO, i get a syntax error.
 

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
555
1
wmmk said:
hmmmmm.......
archived the file, but it still won't show up in mirage! should i just try ION?
EDIT: i just installed ION, and it has no interface. when i run prGmA (which is the ION binary), the word done shows up and that is all. if i clear the screen, go to programs, and run prGm MARIO, i get a syntax error.
Could you send me a link to the Mario program? I've tried several, and they've all been pretty lame or just not worked. I'd like to see if I can get it to work on my 83+. If we can't figure this out, I'd be happy to suggest a few good games for the TIs. Believe me, after four years of boring high school classes, you know what the good games are... ;)
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
steelphantom said:
Could you send me a link to the Mario program? I've tried several, and they've all been pretty lame or just not worked. I'd like to see if I can get it to work on my 83+. If we can't figure this out, I'd be happy to suggest a few good games for the TIs. Believe me, after four years of boring high school classes, you know what the good games are... ;)
i honestly forget what site i downloaded it from, but i'm attatching the game and 6 extra levels.
 

Attachments

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
555
1
I got it working! Here's what you have to do:

1. Download ION from here.
2. Follow the instructions for installation (included in the ion.txt file when you download ION).
3. Send Mario.8xp and a few of the levels to your calculator, but don't archive them.
4. Run program A.
5. Run program Mario.

Let me know if that works for you. It worked fine for me, but there may be some compatibility issues with TI-84s.
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
steelphantom said:
I got it working! Here's what you have to do:

1. Download ION from here.
2. Follow the instructions for installation (included in the ion.txt file when you download ION).
3. Send Mario.8xp and a few of the levels to your calculator, but don't archive them.
4. Run program A.
5. Run program Mario.

Let me know if that works for you. It worked fine for me, but there may be some compatibility issues with TI-84s.
for some odd reason, that still won't work for me. You know of any fun games that are better for TI-84+SE?
 

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
555
1
wmmk said:
for some odd reason, that still won't work for me. You know of any fun games that are better for TI-84+SE?
ZTris or ZTetris - Try both and see which one works better.
Rush Hour - An awesome puzzle game.
Diamonds and Breakout v2.0 - Cool versions of the classic game Breakout.
PuzzPack - An awesome collection of four puzzle games.
Phoenix - Probably the best game ever for the TI-83 series of calculators.

Those should keep you busy for a while! :p Enjoy! :)
 

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
4,398
3
Mario in Mirage runs fine on my Ti 83+ silver, so it must be an issue with the 84. :(
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
ITASOR said:
Mario in Mirage runs fine on my Ti 83+ silver, so it must be an issue with the 84. :(
it's not that it runs badly, it just doesn't show up in the mirage menu.
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
UPDATE:
my friend at school had a special TI-84 SE version of mario that he gave to me via link cable. i know that taking out/changing batteries can cause issues with cleaaring memory. is there any way that i can copy files from my calculator to my computer? also, is there any program that lets you save text files for TI-84? thanks again:)
 

lilaznboigtr

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2006
3
0
hi does anybody know how many games the ti-84 se should hold? the package said nine times more memory but i only put mirage, mario and some levels but its already saying that i have less than 1000 bytes of ram left :eek:
should i delete some of the apps. that came with it that i dont use?
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
lilaznboigtr said:
hi does anybody know how many games the ti-84 se should hold? the package said nine times more memory but i only put mirage, mario and some levels but its already saying that i have less than 1000 bytes of ram left :eek:
should i delete some of the apps. that came with it that i dont use?
depends if you actually use your calculator for legitemate schoolwork:p ;)
 

lilaznboigtr

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2006
3
0
yea i do but i noticed that theres apps. like language packs, periodic tables. and study cards that come in other languages and i won't ever use those so i was wondering if those take up memory
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
lilaznboigtr said:
yea i do but i noticed that theres apps. like language packs, periodic tables. and study cards that come in other languages and i won't ever use those so i was wondering if those take up memory
yes, they take memory. if your teachers at school say they're ok to delete, go ahead and delete them.
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
can one of you teach me hoe to play super mario v2.0 on my Ti-84? and how do you go to the next lvl after make on of them?:confused:
ur gramr cud be betr.:rolleyes:

After completing one level, simply press enter to begin the next. I assume that you know the controls for moving and jumping.