Mirror's Edge

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Anyone try the demo? Impressions?

I'm planning to try it this weekend at some point...when I find time.

2. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Short demo, the tutorial is good to learn but the demo level is too short. Good thing I won't be buying it, my roommate will.

3. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I played it last night on the PS3 (currently downloading it on the 360). The game is pretty interesting but the thing that stood out the most was how jaggy the game looked in comparison to all the videos I've seen.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I like the game....I was always going to get it anyway.

EA is surprising me with every turn...Bad Company, Dead Space and now Mirror's Edge.

Army of two who?:p

Bless

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I really loved the demo. It's the same level they have been showing in most of the videos, but I was still pretty impressed! It felt like a 3d first person sonic game (but it was actually good :p).

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah certainly a lot of AA issues on the PS3 version. :eek: Guess it's too much to hope they sort them before release. Maybe the 360 version will be better, let us know phobic99

7. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I think the PS3 is the main dev platform for it. Not 100% sure, but they do seem to love the PS3. That's what they seem to always be demoing it on. But hey, I could be wrong :p. And the PS3 gets exclusive DLC.

I'm guessing it's just a demo issue, and hey, that's why patches exist :\.

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ some EA chick at PAX told me PS3 was lead platform for whatever that is worth. She didn't look like she was in PR or marketing or in on the development though...

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well you'll be piss to know both version have the AA issue....in fact they are identical so if AA is bothering you then your gonna luck out on both versions.

It will all come down to what controller you like and if DLC is your cup of tea...For me its PS3. I never buy multiplats on the 360.

Bless

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Oh well if both are the same, then I'll just get the PS3 version. AA and Jaggies do bother me, but not as much as piss poor gameplay and thankfully Mirrors Edge doesn't fall into that category going on the demo, so it's still on my 'to purchase' list.

11. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Its also a demo, they could have removed some aspects of the game engine, or it could be running on a early version of code. The key there would be to save space and make the DL smaller.

I liked the gameplay a lot though, so AA be damned I'll be buying this game.

12. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

13. evan g macrumors regular

Yeah I really like the direction they went with this game. FINALLY! A game that you can get fully immersed with. I mean don't get me wrong, mindless shooters are fun, but given the choice, I'd choose this game. Hell, if my little brother weren't hogging the PS3, I'd go play it now...

14. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

I tried the demo today, and it's okay. Definitely not a purchase for me, but it succeeds at what it's trying to do. The graphical style is awesome, and I really don't notice that much jagginess to be honest. Looks great to me!

I just can't see this game holding my attention for very long, and there's too many other good games out right now.

15. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I've played through the demo level a lot.... :D.

16. evan g macrumors regular

Yeah it's an interesting direction to go, and a very beautiful one, but I can't quite see me paying $60 for this... and expect to get more than $20 out of it.

17. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Just played the demo yesterday and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure if it's really worth $60 over titles like LBP or Fallout 3 though, which I know I will be playing like crazy over the next 2 months...

18. Atomic Dude macrumors newbie

I doubt this game will win an award as best game of the month/year or watever .. since this past two months there had been many new great next gen games. like Saints Row 2, Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2, Mercs. 2 (notice all these cool games have 2 next to them and all released on about the same month), Tom Clancy's End War.. and more coming up in a couple of weeks

so technically im not really sure what game this month im gonna buy. But its defnintly not mirrors edge:D

19. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Im waiting for reviews to say how long it is, I have a feeling its going to be extremely short. I mean the demo itself is literally under 5 minutes long for your first play-through.

20. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

I'm interested in this game, but it doesn't feel like a $60 game. Probably because its so different. If it reviews good, christmas is just around the corner.

21. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Going to pick up Resistance 2 tomorrow night (YES!!!). But then I'll get this as soon as I see it in a store! Can't wait, the trailers look great, the demo is sweet. I hope the campaign is long, but time trial will keep me busy.

22. evan g macrumors regular

I think I'll wait for some sucker to buy it, and then work from there.

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

360 & PS3 demos are identical graphically, however I did prefer the 360's controller. The triggers felt better suited and as most of the action is grafted onto the triggers - that could make quite a bit of difference to a 12-20 hour game.

Definitely a purchase regardless, just can't decide what platform to buy it on.

Oh and I don't think I've played a 'demo' of any game as many times as I have this now.

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The music alone is gripping me to this game...I still suck at the combat though but I'm practicing as much as I can with the demo.

Can you even imaging jumping from building to the next.....crazy.

Bless

25. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Have a look at this.
    :D