Misfit's 'Vapor' Smart Watch Launching on October 31

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Misfit today announced the launch of its first smart watch, the Misfit Vapor. First announced at CES 2017, the Misfit Vapor features a 1.39-inch circular AMOLED touchscreen that's attached to a traditional watch band.

Like many other smart watches on the market, the Vapor features an accelerometer, altimeter, gyroscope, optical heart rate sensor, GPS, and microphone. The sensors are used for a range of health and fitness tracking features.

Vapor runs Android Wear 2.0 and is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.

It offers customizable, personalized watch faces with quick access to calories burned and distance traveled, plus it includes built-in access to songs from Google Play or Pandora.

Since it runs Android Wear, hundreds of popular apps are available on the device at launch, and it supports Google Assistant and "Ok Google" queries.

Inside, there's a Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor and 4GB storage, along with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi support. Vapor is water resistant up to 50 meters and comes in Jet Black, Rose Gold, Silver, and Gold.

Misfit Vapor will be available for purchase on October 31 from Misfit.com, while Misfit Vapor email subscribers will be able to make a purchase earlier. Misfit Vapor is priced at $199.

Article Link: Misfit's 'Vapor' Smart Watch Launching on October 31

apb89

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
It's beautiful.
Wow, I am impressed at how nice it is as well.. Nicely done Misfit... let's just hope it works as good as it looks...

edit: just read it has android wear support... dang, this might be my go to watch if I ever switch to Android. Like how it looks.

Reactions: Someyoungguy

halfapie

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2005
Please correct article: Does not have built in GPS. it has "connected GPS" which means it borrows the GPS location from your connected phone.

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
As others have punned, the name is pretty apt. It wasn't announced today, it was announced all the way back in January. That's 10 months between being announced and actually being able to order it, but there's no LTE, or a smaller model. (the thing is huge, too, even compared with the largest Apple Watch, which includes LTE - though good luck finding the actual case dimensions on the Misfits site).

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA
can someone chime in about using an android wear watch with ios? they all claim compatibility but I'm not sure what that means. How do you install apps on it if you are using it with ios? does it sync with the health app?

groove-agent

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2006
I wish Apple would make a round watch that actually looked like a watch. I find the current design looks like a throwback 80s Casio calculator watch - probably apple’s only “function over form” and the only product that they should actually make thinner.

Reactions: hipnetic

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
look at the size of that thing...
Cut the chatter Red 2! :cool: Assuming the Star Wars quote.

The watch itself looks really nice, curious how well it will hold up over time. Might have to pick one up for testing.

Reactions: swm

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Looks neat but you cannot beat the Garmin line. I have the Fenix 5x and it's incredible. Returned my Apple watch 3 for it. Also if you don't want to spend a lot of money the Vivoactive 3 is basically a Fenix at half price. Incredible devices that put fitness first and nerdy smartwatch second. If your priority is sending emojis from your watch, it's not for you.

The data that Garmin provides and the ability to access it via the web is indispensable if you are remotely interested in fitness.

I trashed Garmin for the longest time because LOL the screens are terrible, etc. Then I realized the purpose. It's pretty amazing.

Reactions: kdarling
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.