Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdarling

macrumors P6
if one really needs 4GB of memory in a freaking watch, then we're doing something wrong.

More like the article author read the specs too quickly.

It has 512MB RAM, 4 GB storage.

Also, at 42mm diameter it's 2mm smaller than the first Moto 360. Probably still too large for people with small wrists who don't like large watches... unless they just shrug and say it's a fitness watch, which are often huge.

Apparently besides having a touchscreen, it also has a touch bezel for navigation. Reviews say much easier than trying to use a small rotating crown.

Last edited:

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
More like the article author doesn't know the difference between RAM and storage, or read the specs too quickly.

It has 512MB RAM, 4 GB storage.

Also, at 42mm diameter it's 2mm smaller than the first Moto 360. Probably still too large for people with small wrists who don't like large watches... unless they just shrug and say it's a fitness watch, which are often huge.

Apparently besides having a touchscreen, it also has a touch bezel for navigation. Reviews say much easier than trying to use a small rotating crown.
So it's as big, less waterproof, and harder to navigate than my Nixon Mission..I'll be first in line ;)

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
As others have already noted, the MacRumors article really should be updated to note that it doesn't have a GPS chip now (contrary to what was announced back in January). It's now only "connected GPS", i.e. it needs a phone to be paired with it and nearby to get location info and can't be used for standalone workout location logging.

So no GPS, no LTE, no NFC for payments. I'm not even sure why it was posted here, it's just another basic Android Wear device with nothing particularly interesting about it. Certainly it's no competitive match in fitness tracking features to the Apple Watch S3 (or even S2).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.