Mission Control Help

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by shahrukahn, Aug 13, 2011.

1. shahrukahn macrumors newbie

I couldn't find a thread talking about this specific issue, so here goes. I'm getting the feeling that my mission control is not working properly. When I go into mission control right now, I have my dashboard, desktop, mail, and ical as windows at the very top. I hover the mouse over ical, for example, and no iOS style X pops up to close that window, which I think is what is supposed to happen. I also read that there is a way to rearrange the order of the windows on top, excluding dashboard and the desktop, using the option key but I can't do that as well. Any ideas?

2. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

It doesn't give you the X with spaces that are from full screen apps.

3. shahrukahn thread starter macrumors newbie

correct.

Screen Shot 2011-08-13 at 10.46.56 PM.JPG

When I hover my mouse over the ical area while in mission control, no X pops up to close that space.

4. basher macrumors 6502

basher

Very odd. I get an X when I mouse over a desktop that doesn't have a full screen app in in. The only desktop that doesn't show an X is the desktop in the far left position.

5. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

For some stupid reason, you cannot close "Desktop 1", or your first (or only) Desktop. The ONLY desktops you can close are Desktop 2, Desktop 3, Desktop 4, etc... Not full screen desktops. Super confusing.