Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jisuo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Sweden
If I have 10 finder windows open on Desktop 1 they are all stacked in a small space in mission control, which makes it hard to choose a particular window. Is it possible to somehow temporary "unstack" them in mission control, like a mini expose?

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
Use AppExpose, as long as it's enabled in the trackpad preferences then it's a four finger swipe down. That's how I'm getting round not being able to separate instances of the same app in MC.

Aniday

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2009
You can enable application expose in System Preferences. It'll show you all the windows open in the application you're in with the normal expose style. Just go to the Trackpad Preferences in the More Gestures tab to turn it on.

Jisuo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Sweden
Yeah I know that, I was wishing for it to be included within MC somehow.

My first instinct is to go to mission control and find it, but I would then have to either:

1) cmd+tab to finder then swipe down (or use "within application tab switch" which is cmd + [key left of 1] for me)

2) or find finder in MC, click it and then go to my finder window using swipe or app-tabbing

Thanks anyway.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
The only way to do that is to upgrade to Snow Leopard. Lion wasn't designed for use with more than 1 open window. They took the idea of no multitasking in iOS and ported that idea to OS X.

labaom

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2009
The only way to do that is to upgrade to Snow Leopard. Lion wasn't designed for use with more than 1 open window. They took the idea of no multitasking in iOS and ported that idea to OS X.

Amen upgrading to Snow Leopard is the only way to go!

basher

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ USA
I'm not using a Magic Trackpad, Instead I sent for the Magic Mouse. Since the mouse has not gesture for Exposé it requires a function key press. F10.

Hope this saves someone a few minutes of face-rolling keys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.