Mission Control, Really??????

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Johda, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Johda macrumors newbie

Hi,

This is what my Mission Control looks like:
    See attachment.

Really? Really??? Control?????? Try to pick the finder window, well you can't!!!

Attached Files:

2. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

All they need to do is replace the 3 (or 4) finger swipe down Application Expose, with the traditional SL Expose that displays all windows in all applications in that particular Space/Desktop.

It boggles my mind to think why they have abandoned this in favour of Expose for a SINGLE application that happens to be front and centre at that time.

If they change this (or someone releases a hack), Lion will be top notch. This is my only gripe with Lion, the rest of the new features are very well thought out.

3. Johda thread starter macrumors newbie

Am I the only one with this bug? I miss my organized spaces...

4. stevearm macrumors 6502a

5. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

I actually like how mission control works now. Does the SL Expose no longer exist because when I do the 3finger swipe down I always only see one application.

On another note, is there a way to tweak the finger gestures that is currently default for launchpad to make the three finger swipe down open launchpad instead. For now I set launchpad to F12.

6. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I don't have this bug either. looks unfortunate. :(

7. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

You should be able to do this with BetterTouchTool.

8. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

cool, will try tonight when I get home form work. Thanks. Will I have to reconfigure all my other gestures that are defaulted in Lion when I download this.

9. lfc macrumors regular

Mine lays out nicely, like as it's shown in the promo images. Definitely a bug, don't worry, Apple will fix it

10. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

That bug sucks and so does the one where you just open the current application window and it disapears randomly... I also dont like that in mission control you cant also see your minimized windows either...

I loved having that ability in snow leopard..

11. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

12. JMBrown macrumors newbie

How do you get it to show safari, mail etc. as separate spaces at the top of mission control?

13. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

That'll actually happen when you use safari as a full-screen app. It basically puts all full-screen apps in a space of it's own. If I were to take Safari out of full screen mode, it wouldn't show up in that way.

14. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Full Screen.

15. mvksagar45 macrumors member

It seems fine when you open multiple apps...can you try this scenario and post the image :

Just open 3 safari and 2 firefox and go to mission control...and see how messy it will look...

16. eternalife macrumors regular

Nope - same here. It is very frustrating. There are multiple navigation issues that were suppose to make our lives easier. Even if it worked as claimed I think it is a step backwards. I consider myself a semi-power user of my machine and even at that I don't have so many applications open that I require all kinds of desktops, etc. to manage them.

I have apps that disappear after opening. You can see they are open but can't find them on the desktop(s) anywhere. If you are using Parallels you can't just click on a running app in the doc and have it bring it to the front (if it is in a different 'space' than the current one). You have to navigate to that space. This is very confusing - you get lost quickly.

17. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Sure, here you go:
    And you're right, it's much harder to see the windows behind the other windows... I'm just glad that mine doesn't look like the OP's. :eek:

Attached Files:

18. mvksagar45 macrumors member

I am sorry, but just open 3 safari and 2 firefox...nothing else (close all the finder and chrome) and then you can see .....

19. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Oh haha, no problem. One sec...

20. mvksagar45 macrumors member

my screen shot

This is how my MBP looks.. The Desktop spaces on the top are overlapped by the windows...

Attached Files:

21. aresinferno macrumors regular

I do believe that this is a bug. Some times the windows do not seem to resize properly and things become hidden. It also only seems to happen only for certain combinations of applications and windows. For example I have had it so that windows overlap the spaces at the top and make those inaccessible.

22. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

23. mvksagar45 macrumors member

Yours is actually fine...just see my image(just posted above) with the same scenario...

24. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Yeah I see what ya mean. It's definitely not supposed to look like that. Seems like either a bug or something you may have installed that causes strange behaviour...

That really sucks dude.

25. seong macrumors 65816

seong

It works fine with me....although I've seen that happen to me couple of times. Just something that Apple needs to fix later on.