Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mvksagar45

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2011
Yeah I see what ya mean. It's definitely not supposed to look like that. Seems like either a bug or something you may have installed that causes strange behaviour...

That really sucks dude.

yeah it sucks...But at least the good news is , this is not the case every time i go to mission control..sometimes it looks great , just as yours and sometimes it looks messy...anyways thanks for the images...

Arkanok

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2007
yeah it sucks...But at least the good news is , this is not the case every time i go to mission control..sometimes it looks great , just as yours and sometimes it looks messy...anyways thanks for the images...

Yeah no problem. Good luck! :)

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll ask it here:

Is Dashboard always open? Whenever I go to Mission Control, dashboard is one of the windows at the top.

Arkanok

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2007
I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll ask it here:

Is Dashboard always open? Whenever I go to Mission Control, dashboard is one of the windows at the top.

Well, let's say you just rebooted your computer and haven't activated Dashboard, then yes you'll see it in mission control, but none of the widgets have started to run just yet. In order for the widgets to run, you must activate or swipe over to dashboard once, then they'll begin to load.

If you don't even want to see the dashboard in mission control, open up System Prefs, go to Mission Control, and uncheck "Show Dashboard as Space".
Once you do that, it won't show up in mission control at all and will function the same way it did prior to Lion.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-22 at 10.55.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-22 at 10.55.09 AM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 56

laurentpompidou

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Tokyo
I like a lot about Lion but am I the only one who like how in the old expose you got all the windows of all applications next to each other, i.e. not groups of windows of the same application in separate stacks?

I learned you can mouse over them and then use space bar to quick-look but still, I thought the old spread out way with text of file name coming up when mousing over them was more convenient..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.