MiTube!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Snowman3459, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Download this app before it gets pulled by Apple

Lets you download YouTube videos and it works great

From the makers of MxTube in Cydia

Wonder how long it's going to take Apple to pull this one, or maybe this is allowed now lol

2. doboy macrumors 68020

Thanks for the find. I doubt they will yank it since it doesn't contain any easter egg. I really missed the MxTube.

Edited: just ran the app and it asks for donation via paypal so that may be an issue for Apple?

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Downloaded and tested!! The hd videos are hd and the download time is quick!!
    Saves the video's within the app!!

Thanks op :)

4. samcraig macrumors P6

downloading my first video now - SLOW and I'm on wifi with a kick-butt connection. Wonder if that's app related or youtube related...

5. TOOFY macrumors regular

Downloaded. Thanks for the tip! I have missed two great apps since the iphone release for not being quick enough.

1. Netshare
    2. Flashlight icon ( enables tethering )

=/

6. alent1234 macrumors 603

when i download videos via firefox from youtube and other sites it's almost always slow

7. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Off topic, but since it's an official app, is there anyway to download and install that flashlight app without jailbreaking?

8. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No unless someone downloaded it and shared it with you via iTunes

Btw I get a FAST connection via wifi so whoever is having issues, it must be your internet connection.

9. MCRunning macrumors 6502

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

just spotted you can save any videos you download in iTunes via the apps tab down the bottom under file sharing

11. anonymous guy macrumors 6502a

could be very useful to me in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

12. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Just a quick tip, if you want the downloads to be super super fast, click out of the app, and then click back into it. You will get super fast speeds for a second, and if you keep doing it the download is done in like two seconds.

Kind of weird haha

13. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

Cheers for this app been waiting for this since my jailbreak 2g iPhone yrs ago :cool:

14. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Downloaded. This is feature that has not been allowed on apps up until now. I don't know if Apple is relaxing its rules again or what.

15. Steveo47 macrumors regular

16. dhjapple89 macrumors member

This app is definitely going to get pulled. It uses Admob analytical code for advertising.

17. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Has anyone gotten an HD download to play yet? Mine downloads HD without problem, but then it tries to play it then returns to the menu.

18. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

Mine gets right to finishing the download of HD, then crashes. When I reopen the app, it restarts the download all over again, and repeats.

19. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

If I start the download and it's slow, pausing and un-pausing seems to help. Only downloaded two HD quality so far, but both have worked fine.

20. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

I am downloading HD vids over 3G with ok speed. What is Admob Ads btw? Are they bad or just not Apples?

21. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

No, they aren't bad. It's just another Ad agency that was incidentally acquired by Google after Apple tried to acquire them. (They ended up creating iAds)

I just got this app and downloaded a high quality 7-minute video relatively quickly. It works well, though I'm not really sure why I would want to download a video which I could stream and save the space.

22. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

from the creators blog:

"I just received a call from Apple Legal. MiTube will be taken out of the App Store within the hour. It’s currently 33 in top free apps! All in less than 24 hours."

23. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

i might be missing something as well but I too cannot see the benefit of downloading and storing something I can easily stream in the first place. Anybody care to shed light on why this is a big deal?

24. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Damn that sucks but it's to be expected I suppose. Hopefully it's just because of the AdMob advertising.