MMS app confirmation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hp200lx, Jul 17, 2008.

1. hp200lx macrumors regular

So I'm new to AT&T and had a question about the MMS website thing because only when I got one from AT&T customers would I get that text. I went to one of the nearest corporate stores to ask them about it, and was speaking with one of the normal CSRs when the tech support guy overheard me asking why I wasn't getting the view my messages thing from other customers and chimed in. He said..."Well it won't be that way for much longer. We had an apple rep that came in and told me that there WILL be an MMS application coming out. It was supposed to be out for the phones release but wasn't ready. I don't know the price point but i can tell you it WILL be coming out to handle AT&T and non AT&T MMS messages" I asked him, are you sure this isn't a jailbroken app, he said absolutely not.

I hope this is all true! I kinda miss getting picture messages and all

:apple:Anthony:apple:

2. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I hope the rep was right.

3. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I never used MMS, but it seems like alot of people do so this means more iPhone sales and it means a new feature that I can take advantae of, so I'm all for it! Hopefully the rep is right..

So if we do get MMS we will have to have a separate MMS plan on our bills right?

4. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

I don't believe so, i have a feeling its going to be taken from texts and or data. I think (the rep didnt say anything about it) that it will be a webbased-ish but native app(if that makes sense) that will be very similar to viewmymessages.com as far as how they are viewed, not like the SMS app. Just my to :apple:'s

5. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

It better lol, i have unlimited data and messages and if AT&T makes us pay for another MMS plan...well lets just say i wont be too happy

6. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

lawlz
    ...and we all know that AT&T store techs/CSR's know everything:rolleyes:
    and its more believable when you add 'an apple rep said blah blah blah'

not dissing the poster just the content

7. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

I think the customers with torches and pitchforks would dissuade/deter them from doing that...

8. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Ohh damn I was hoping for a native SMS like app, well I guess we'll see how it turns out.

9. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

Hey i'm totally skeptical my self but I'm hoping beyond hope the guys right. Ya never know

10. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Crossing fingers that if the app comes to be, that it will fall under "data", but knowing At&T they will nickel and dime us for everything.

11. higgalls macrumors regular

Yeah I would want it to be like native SMS app... Possibly an extention to the SMS app, so that they come through as a normal message like every other phone that supports MMS'.

12. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

And once the iPhone gets MMS then people will bitch about no Copy / Paste.

Then, when Apple delivers copy and paste, everyone will release how useless it is.

Then more bitching about how the iPhone can't take place of a human.

13. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

The way it was described to me(yet again who the hell knows if its all true or not)it sounded like it was going to be an all carrier extension of viewmymessages.com application. It sounds like it will be its own separate app. I just hope he wasn't trying to shut me(and the rest of the people that ask the same question)up.

14. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

I love my iphone, its the best phone I've ever had. I don't mind the lack of those features. Cut and paste is definitely not a must for me. Most phones dont have that. MMS would be cool but yet again, not a must for me. I enjoy sending and receiving MMS but if its not a feature that would keep me from enjoying the phone as much as I do.

15. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Same for me. Between MMS and Copy / Paste, i can't wait to see how useless it's going to be after it's been complained about for over a year.

16. WeakAdrenaline macrumors newbie

I wonder if the MMS app will be available for iphone users worldwide and not AT&T specific.

17. doug0365 macrumors member

Might be useless to you but it sure won't for ALOT of people... Plus what is there to complain about?? Once apple finally gives us whats been requested by many users it will only make the iphone alot better.

18. hp200lx thread starter macrumors regular

19. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I have heard rumor the MMS app will be called "Buggy Whip". Look for it soon in the App Store.

20. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Maybe MMS, but Copy / Paste.

Seriously?

21. newyorksole macrumors 68030

That's just how people are, no matter how much we love something, there are things missing that we think we need.

22. msantoso macrumors member

i would really like to have native mms app in iphone, because i met a lot of people who doesn't have email configured in their smartphones.

but phones like nokia and sony ericsson usually pre configured for mms settings so it's easier for some, i guess.

i personally like to send n receive mms w/ my cousins and brothers and sisters in laws, now even better that mms works international.

about copy and paste, it's better to provide msg forwarding and notes forwarding available as sms as well, currently notes only available as sms.

and able to attach more than 1 image in email should be the default feature.

23. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I believe Video would be next on the list. I can see MMS is needed. Not sure what I'd use copy/paste for? I guess it would be nice to have. I see video more useful than ctrl C/ ctrl V .....thats COPY/PASTE for you MAC users :)

24. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    awesome. Now it's time for a video recording app. :)

25. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Me too, but just so people will quit whining about it. I about screamed at someone for sending me one before because it cost me $4 for something I didn't want. Until these cell phone companies stop charging for crap like SMS and MMS when you have an *unlimited data plan* count me out. The fact that AT&T still charges 15 cents per text is ridiculous, especially with those data plans. Text is DATA.