Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
I am not sure how this is going to work tomorrow:

I do not have a camera icon in my MESSAGES program that will allow me the option for picture/video text.

So my question IS

Starting tomorrow will iTunes have a update for my phone? Will AT&T have an update that I will have to go get?

How will this work?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
are you serious? Read the 10000 other threads on this. How do you get software updates today? The MMS fairy isn't going to drop an icon on your phone, you have to download a carrier file.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I am not sure how this is going to work tomorrow:

I do not have a camera icon in my MESSAGES program that will allow me the option for picture/video text.

So my question IS

Starting tomorrow will iTunes have a update for my phone? Will AT&T have an update that I will have to go get?

How will this work?

When you connect your iPhone to your computer and sync to iTunes, iTunes will tell you:

"New Carrier settings update. Update Yes/No"

You obviously say yes. iTunes does its magic. Reboot your iPhone once its down and viola! MMS!

are you serious? Read the 10000 other threads on this. How do you get software updates today? The MMS fairy isn't going to drop an icon on your phone, you have to download a carrier file.

In light of the ensuing flood of MMS posts and new users, I find it easier just to post the answers they want. Sure it can be a drag, but it is easier to copy/paste than just try to redirect them. In heavy peak hours (like MMS time) where many threads exist at the same time.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
In light of the ensuing flood of MMS posts and new users, I find it easier just to post the answers they want. Sure it can be a drag, but it is easier to copy/paste than just try to redirect them. In heavy peak hours (like MMS time) where many threads exist at the same time.

While I would normally agree with this, OP is not a noob.

Shame on you OP. :eek:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

Come on, that's hyperbole. There's only been 5,213 threads at the most. And there is no MMS fairy. Tooth fairy, maybe, but no MMS one.

Oh, and this thread belongs in the GIANT thread.

As far as what happens tomorrow. Maybe nothing happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.