mms issue/question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by phonewentwest, Sep 25, 2009.

1. phonewentwest macrumors regular

so I've updated to have mms like everyone else. inside the
    message app there's a camera icon (yay... finally). first question...
    my message app icon is the same as usual. isn't it supposed to have a
    camera icon in the bubble?

second issue... tried sending a picture message and it gave me the
    red exclamtion mark and couldn't send. so I just kept trying to resend.
    so on the sixth time it finally went through. this is a pain in the ass. will I have to try message again.. multiple times... everytime I want to send a mms??

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

1. Yes, camera inside is normal

2. Reboot your iPhone, then try.

3. mdee4 macrumors regular

Go to iTunes and download this app!!!!!!!!!!! Its FREE.
    Check to see if you have a high 3G connection from where you tried to send MMS. If you have bad connection, then you will always have trouble sending MMS there as MMS are sent through the 3G connection. Also if you get good connection, and you continue to have this problem, then call AT&T, they will say their towers are messed up and they should give you about $30 in credit towards your account!!!!:)
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=327015685&mt=8

4. phonewentwest thread starter macrumors regular

I figured the camera on the inside is normal. but isn't the
    message app icon supposed to have acamera in the bubble?
    maybe not??

I rebooted my phone right after the update.

origanally I sent myself a mms... not sure since your sending it to yourself
    I will go through no probs.. but then when I tried to send one to someone else
    I got the red exclamation point and just kept re trying and it finally sent it. hopefully they will go through upon first try in the future.

5. mdee4 macrumors regular

No camera pic should be on icon! Im telling you, do the above thing. Download the app. Tell me what score it gives your connection out of 100. Then I can give you an answer as to why you have this problem! Do that and Ill be glad to tell you why you are having that problem!

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

1. Can you take a screen shot. That helps. I am thinking the camera inside the app. But any camera anywhere else, I'd like to see.

2. Network congestion is also a possibility. Still, try after the reboot.

7. phonewentwest thread starter macrumors regular

images attached. speed seems ok. i guess??
    camera in app. no camera on app icon.

Attached Files:

8. mdee4 macrumors regular

Ok, so you got full bars and 3G. The app is looking perfectly fine. The icon looks just fine. Now, with 3G test... After it gets results, it gives you a number out of 100. What was that number???
    It also has "Signal Stength" with a number from 1-10. What is that number?? I need to know those 2 things! Everything else seems fine

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

For anyone that is getting the exclamation point and failure to send message. Call ATT have them remove your texting plan and re-add it. Worked perfectly for me after.

10. mdee4 macrumors regular

There could be a congestion because of all the MMS people are doing today. The tower near you could be down. If so, call AT&T and they will give you free credit towards your account due to difficulties:) <like I said above. Other then that, I'll be awaiting your 3G test results answers for which I asked above:)

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You are fine. It's very likely MMS traffic on day 1 was off the charts. Full 3G bars is ok, many people would kill to have 5.

12. phonewentwest thread starter macrumors regular

so this morning i received a text message back from my friend commenting on why I sent the same picture over and over again??? So all the ones that I saw the red exclamation mark on apparently went through.

Maybe this is a conspiracy on ATT's part to get you to burn through all your texts quicker by needlessly resending so they can start to collect overages!!!

13. phonewentwest thread starter macrumors regular

BTW my number was 88.54

14. mdee4 macrumors regular

OK, thats a good number. It was definitely congestion in the network then. Nothing wrong with your phone or anything.
    Sounds like your all good to go then!