~ MMS Petition ~

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by airyxl, Oct 24, 2008.

1. airyxl macrumors newbie

For all those who have been out of the loop, a petition with 100's of users was sent to Steve Jobs about an enabling/disabling Auto-Correction option in the new firmware. It was successful and will be granted in the new 2.2 firmware (from what I read).

So why the hell not start one for MMS, it's worth a shot right? Well here goes, here is a petition for MMS, hoping to get A LOT and A LOT of people on this one.. Thanks to Shewn Roberson (imacoo7@me.com) for creating it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/IPMMS/petition.html

It's not my petition, I'm just trying to spread the word.

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

#150 MMS is certainly not something I'm dying for, but would really love to see. Along with Text FWD, and Copy/Paste. :)

3. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Did Apple cite the petition as the reason for the change to autocorrect or is it just something they were going to do anyway?

4. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Great question. Does anyone know the answer?

5. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

We need all the regular text messaging(SMS) and picture messaging(MMS) features. It would make the phone outstanding :)

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Have fun. Apple doesn't care - they're selling these things like hotcakes without MMS.

7. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

well i signed cause it only takes like 30 secs and might actually work. However i think you need like 250000 signatures rather then 250 before apple will care, so we might be waiting a while still.

8. christall109 macrumors 6502

Why not start one for copy and paste? I'm sure that would reach 250,000 sigs in no time.

9. christall109 macrumors 6502

Why not start one for copy and paste? I'm sure that would reach 250,000 sigs in no time.

10. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

11. doobi18 macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, even if I did want MMS (which I don't, I can just email photos - no one wants to see photos I send them on their phones)...

...Apple could not give a flying f$%k about a petition. Apple must have their own reasons for not inluding MMS, and I am sure that they are already aware, regardless of any petition, that a big chunk of people want this feature.

Doobi18 :):):)

12. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

250 signatures...and this is why even though people think the majority of people are complaining about copy/page or mms...it's not that large of a number.

13. ViPa macrumors 6502a

I signed it..

but after going to an iPhone training a week ago for work..I doubt they'll ever add MMS..the apple rep explained that the reason the iPhone doesnt have MMS is because the network allows only 300kB of data to be transferred..and that 300kB means the pictures you send and receive will have very low resolution and quality

14. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

I signed it... hopefully we will see a software update soon. I highly doubt it though.

15. daisuke07 macrumors regular

MMS would be good if the camera had zoom-in and flash.

16. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Hate to be a pessimist but I don't think a petition will work. I'm pretty sure Apple is fully aware of the general dissatisfaction with the iPhone lacking MMS.

Don't get me wrong though...I want MMS too.

17. dancavallaro macrumors regular

How is this different from any other phone on the AT&T network?

18. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

I think Apple already knows that people want copy and paste. And, the fact that the Google phone has it means that Apple is clearly aware of the concept.

I agree. Apple is already aware of all of this. And, based on history, regardless of what customers think, in the end Apple does what Steve Jobs wants.

19. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

That is the biggest load of Vista(windows) I've ever heard! If you guys bought it and didn't question it, I've a bridge for sale in Arizona :D

Do you really need a 32000x32000 pic on a avg 2" screen that support 320x240?

I mean its been fine for almost 7 years now, no one has complained. :p

20. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I know people want MMS. Personally I would like to see Apple fix the existing problems. I would sure like to get my emails within 8 hours of actually receiving them.....

21. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

It seems that Apple is dissatisfied with that level of quality and is of the opinion that the majority of customers and their associates will find it worth the wait to get home or pop open the laptop to see an email attachment, which can be done from the iPhone with higher quality and no marginal cost for the user.

22. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I hope all of you realize that nobody pays attention to those online petitions. Ther are seriously a waste of your time.

23. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

You said the V WORD! Don't you know it's now ONLY Windows*! ;):p

This has been argued about SO many times... It's something Apple could dedicate a couple programmers to - have it done and over with in a couple days... The 3 = MMS, Copy/Paste and Text FWD (basically the function Copy/Paste would serve, so... 2)

24. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Signed... it really is laughable that this phone doesn't have MMS. Honestly.