Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartcoelho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2022
have MDM on my phone and it has been restored to factory default. i am trying to bypass/delete the configuration it tries to download when setting up the basics of the phone (language, wifi). how do i solve this? i thought jailbreak would work but don't have access to safari as guided access from microsoft takes over

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
have MDM on my phone and it has been restored to factory default. i am trying to bypass/delete the configuration it tries to download when setting up the basics of the phone (language, wifi). how do i solve this? i thought jailbreak would work but don't have access to safari as guided access from microsoft takes over
You'll need to contact the organization which set up MDM on the phone and have them remove the device from their system.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
True, how do I install jailbreak via computer
Well…

First. Are you on a firmware that is jailbreakable for your device?

If you aren't then there's nothing you can do.

If you are, then you need to download the jailbreak software for your device (to your computer), connect the device to the computer and follow the instructions for that particular jailbreak.

At this time there is no jailbreak for iOS 15 and up.

Lee_Bo

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2017
I was able to remove it from the computer so figured would be similar process

And your IT department was probably notified when it was uninstalled.

If you want to be able to be in complete control of your devices, you may want to consider buying your own equipment and not trying to modify company controlled devices.

Which my be a reason to terminate.

Reactions: addamas

Hicksmat1976

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2016
Manchester, England
first of all is this phone likely to be in Apple School/Business Manager? if it is then even if you get rid of the MDM profile the fact the device is in ASM/ABM means it will auto enrol again back into your organisations MDM and you'll be back at the start again.

stuartcoelho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2022
My device had a locked profile via in tune and was pushing from server which I deleted locally

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Why are you trying to bypass MDM? Is the device not yours? You won't be able to remove the profile. You won't be able to wipe it either without it re-installing. That's how MDM works. Either have the admins remove the device from MDM/unmanage it or get a device you own that's not managed.

Forum isn't for bypassing things like MDM which are on devices for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.