Mobile Hotspot issue on Iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NelinhoMarinus, Mar 21, 2016.

1. NelinhoMarinus macrumors newbie

NelinhoMarinus

I would like my tablet to automatically connect to my iPhone's personal hotspot. I figure this should happen automatically but it doesn't seem to.

My tablet only seems to connect if my iPhone is unlocked and in the setting/personal hotspot window.
    I guess it's a battery saving thing to not have your personal hotspot searching for devices all the time, however it is still a real pain if I use the tablet and have to go to the iPhone's settings every time.

I would give up some battery life for this option.

Is there a way to allow devices to join the hotspot at a moment's notice, without taking out the iPhone itself? I think i need a tweak to enable my phone to constantly search for devices that want to connect to it. But I don't know such a tweak. Maybe someone does.

Let's hope so

Edit: by the way. Staying connected isn't the problem. It's not connecting automatically that is the problem. I have to go to settings on my phone before any device can connect to it. I find that annoying.

thanks

2. ielessar macrumors regular

What kind of tablet are you using? iPads/Macs can connect to iPhone hotspot even if they are turned off, as long as bluetooth is turned on.

3. NelinhoMarinus thread starter macrumors newbie

NelinhoMarinus

Hello,

I'm using an android tablet. (4.4.4)

4. ielessar macrumors regular

In that case I think you are correct, you can only connect to the hotspot when you're on the settings page. I don't know why exactly.