Mobile version of forums pisses me off

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ghettochris, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ghettochris macrumors 6502a

When I click on comments of an article on my iphone, I get mobile forums, which show something like 6 posts, so I read in for few secs and have to click next, with no obvious link for regular fourms or a choice of how many to show per page. I would like to see an option for 25 posts, 50 posts, 100 posts. I would click the 100 for topics I wanted to read on, I'd rather a longer load time then uninterupted reading, having to click next and wait for a new page to load all the tiime makes me not want to bother at all. When my signal is weak, even loading a simple page can take 30 secs-1 min.

2. weckart macrumors 68040

^ This. The current paltry amount of posts per page makes the mobile version unusable. I also like the side bar with the current latest posts on the non-mobile home page so have stopped using the mobile version on my phone.

3. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

How about using Tapatalk? Much much better...

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

If you click on

Forums Tab

then

MyPrefs, Post Options

You can increase the number of posts per page to 30.

arn

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If you can't get on with the Mobile Forums you can revert back to the 'normal' version of MacRumors. If you scroll to the bottom of the News page on the mobile version there is the option to switch.