• Mobile website

• App

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

max2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Which do you prefer on your phone or tablet?

casperes1996

macrumors 601
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I picked App but I say that it depends. In general it's app, but if it's something I use quite infrequently, like Reddit, I go to the website instead because I don't want to install the app. Annoys me a bit that the sites often then ask you if you want to install the app.... No. I don't. That's why I didn't go to the App Store. I also prefer Wikipedia as a website instead of an app, because of how I use wiki. I don't go to Wiki to find something, instead I search for something via Google, and typically Wiki will have a good answer so I'll use their site, but I also want to see other sites on the topic, so a dedicated wiki app is fairly useless for the majority of my usage of wiki, since I'd then still have to do a separate Google search afterwards.

Reactions: akash.nu and max2

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Your poll needs a “depends” choice. For booking.com, the app is peppy and better than Web page. For other Sites, I prefer the web page.

Lioness~

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2017
Apps gonna be really good if it’s worth it. Big companies usually have better, but not necessarily always good enough. Apps usually just take up space on my devices, and I forgot I even have them.
Usually it goes faster to use the website.

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
I typically dislike mobile websites and use the full website on the iPad...where I can. It’s probable based on which I’m most familiar with. The apps I d/l fulfill a specific purpose, convenience, and functionality.