Mod question

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dukebound85, May 25, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Just curious, to be a mod here, does one have to contribute....

just a common trait i have seen and didnt know if that was one of the things required or not lol

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No, Mad Jew was a mod before he contributed IIRC ... but it does show commitment to the site, a good trait to have in mods.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

really? i remember mad jew becoming a mod after he contributed. maybe im wrong

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Mad Jew had contributed before he was a mod.

I was just a common run of the mill member when I was invited to become a mod. And in the most recent in-take ergdegdeg was also a non contributing member when asked to become a mod.

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

ya, there's no contributing requirement but there is a natural correlation between people who are very active on the forum (and who might be recruited as a mod) and those who contribute.

arn

6. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

Usually, candidates for forum moderatorship are:-

• People who are regular members of the forum (not people who log in for a couple of hours a week)
    • People with proven knowledge in the subject matter of the forum (or a significant section within the forum).
    • People with a mature attitude and with the ability to think first and act second
    • People who are genuinely helpful and respectful toward other members of the forums.
    • People who can work as a team.
    • People who can take constructive criticism of their arguments - sometimes, there is no easy black/white of an situation that requires further discussion, having a moderator who constantly insists that they are correct without engaging in reasoned dialog won't make the moderation team's job any more easy or pleasant.

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Good to know. Thank you.