Modify iTunes 10 grid color

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 3282868, Sep 4, 2010.

1. 3282868 macrumors 603

In iPhoto (and I believe the previous iTunes) you are able to change the background color for the grid view from white to black. Is there any way to do so in iTunes 10?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Did you even open preferences? It's on the "General" tab.

3. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

In the Preferences window, under the General tab, there's a drop down list for the Grid View option, where you can change it to Dark.

Now, if someone has a means to add color back to the icons on the left-hand category pane, that would be awesome!

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Don't hold your breath. I assume it's to draw attention away from the menu items and to things in the store.

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

This

Working great for me.

6. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Yes I know this, but I was asking about GRADIENT (as I stated you can do this in iPhoto and other iTunes versions had this option at one point, I forget which), so it's not just dark or light. Thanks though.

It'd also be nice to have the option to change the background for the List view.

7. skiltrip macrumors 68030

This worked great. Thanks! I'm usually not one to mess with things, but that all-grey icon scheme Apple pushed out with version 10 was borderline hurting my eyes. Didn't like it at all. My nice colored icons are back. Thanks again.

8. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Why did you edit this out of your post...

"For those asking about changing the color of the icons, there is this:

How to Add Color Icons to iTunes 10 Sidebar

It doesn't require anything other than simply running the program. Much easier than the previous posters comment . "

?

9. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

I think it was a repeat of what someone else reported? I read up on an earlier comment and it wasn't that far off from the method I posted. I did use another method that was a simple installer, so there was no need to modify package contents, etc manually. I forgot where I found the application, and I believe the link I posted was just repetitious? If not, sorry! :)

Glad I was able to do something to help.

10. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

You just mentioned from "white to black." I know how iPhoto works, but you weren't specifically asking that in your question.

iTunes never allowed you to switch the grid view background color to a midpoint between white/black, because it's not a photo application.

11. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

A, some reason i thought it could but I realize now it was a "tweak" I installed. Thanks!