Monday Morning Lineup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JTownTX, Mar 14, 2011.

1. JTownTX macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Seems like every store called or visited says to check back Monday morning. I'll be at the Apple Store at La Cantera in San Antonio at 9 to scope things out. Anyone else up and at em trying to snag iPad 2?!

2. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

3. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

I would absolutely be there if I didn't have to work, and since I'm a teacher I'd be letting down the leaders of tomorrow if I call in over and over again. I've basically checked inventory in my entire state, South Carolina, and inventory everywhere is out. I'll call everyday on my way home from work and just keep my fingers crossed. For what it's worth, I was told to check on Monday for any new shipments, but only my local Apple store said that. I'm not biting on the BB reservation.

4. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Let us know what you find out. I'm in H-Town TX and mgiht consider going in late if only there was stock somewhere (being a grad student gives me some flexibility). I just want to make sure there's some stock before I go to the mall...

5. JTownTX thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Will do! I traded for an evening shift so I could have the day to get it if available. Hopefully if they're not in just yet I can get a reserve ticket from Apple for being early(?).

6. biosci macrumors 6502a

Curious about this too. Wouldn't FedEx deliver to them by 10am? Or would apple do the standard by 4:30 pm delivery?

7. rick98761, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

rick98761 macrumors 6502

I'm just hanging out in my car right now across the street from the store in Kansas City. Not sure if they have got any yet, but there are already about 10 employees in there. Seems like they are all just hanging out though, not really doing anything. It does look like they may be letting customers in to hang out, there are two guys in there just dressed in normal clothes that have just been messing with iPads for the last 20 mins. I'll sit in my car and browse on my MBP though.

8. biosci macrumors 6502a

When does your store open? I think ours open about 10 and it's nine now. I'll be headed out a bit later... Keep us updated. They prob keep them all behind the counter early or in back though with the other stock...

9. JTownTX thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got to the SA store, FedEx truck was outside unloading for Apple. Took pics but don't know how to post from iPhone! No line yet! I'll post the pics later from home!

10. xciteboy macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

In Cambridge, MA they are claiming they have none and won't get any in today. I don't believe them but don't blame them. There are 5 college kids in line in front of me bragging about how many they've already bought and resold. :/

11. rick98761 macrumors 6502

I'm in central time, my store opens at 10, so I have about 50 more minutes to wait. Seems like they are letting people in, there are like 4 people just wandering the store at the moment. If anymore show up I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go wander around inside the apple store for an hour. I'd much rather keep my spot in my car :)

12. bossxii macrumors 68000

Waiting at the Apple store in Leawood Ks. For the UPS truck, assuming one shows up. I'll give it an hour or two tops and update if they show. May not mean anything to other stores but if they do show could be a good sign of continued supply.

13. rick98761 macrumors 6502

please do post if they show up there. I'll do the same for the plaza store. Thats where I'm at right now.

14. ozred macrumors 6502

Don't get your hopes up, the response was far greater than antipated. Apple did not have nearly as many as they expected to require to fill orders.

I have direct access to a senior Apple manager who freely admits they may not ship to any stores today. If that changes he says choices will be extremely limited. They worked most of last night assessing where they stand.

15. JTownTX thread starter macrumors newbie

Inside Apple store now, most employees handling what seem to be early Genius appts. Will ask someone soon.

16. rick98761 macrumors 6502

well that a bummer if true. Although, shipping more today, and getting deliveries shipped out Friday, or Saturday are two different things. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

17. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that Apple rushed the release of the iPad 2 to keep up with the Xoom, etc. You can't say that they didn't expect this to sell, the iPad sold 15 million in 9 months. I don't think they can keep up with the demand, and they didn't have a great plan in place. They just had to get a model out there with cameras.

18. ozred macrumors 6502

Ah yes, the very essence of our free enterprise system. Good for them!

19. JTownTX thread starter macrumors newbie

Asked one employee if they had any, he said no. Going to hang out til they officially open tho cuz the pallet delivered was huge. Reports of Apple employees lying or giving misinformation are running rampant so I'm still holding out hope.

20. auero macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

My store in nj says that they don't have any and might not get any today either.

21. rick98761 macrumors 6502

I wish I knew if my apple store gets deliveries through the front door, or in the back. I know they have a basement where they keep stock, so I'm guessing they deliver somewhere behind the store. Making it hard to know if they have got anything yet.

22. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

a friend who works at a store in IL said morning shipments (10am-ish) are major product, afternoon (3-4:30pm) shipments are accessories 90% of the time. Get over there and wait for the truck to show. They'll probably be a line! Good luck!

I couldn't get off until Wednesday but I'll be there for that morning's shipment.

23. thirtytwopaths macrumors member

Sold out

All of the stores in Miami said they are not getting any in today. Waited outside of the Lincoln Road store before they came out and told me none were being delivered.

24. Creepus macrumors newbie

No new shipment to the Philadelphia Apple store...same old story about not knowing when more will be in.

25. biosci macrumors 6502a

Maybe the Apple employees are keeping them for themselves and selling them on Ebay/Craigslist... You know they're probably doing that!