Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Claus.L

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
Hi,
I've got this LG 38UC99-W monitor connected to my Mac Pro running the current OS.
While working fine most of the time, it has blackouts regularly.
Sometimes it's unto 4 times per minute when the display tuen black for a couple of milli seconds.
This is tiresome and limits the use of this machine.

Does anybody of you know this problem and what can be done about it?

Thanks for your help!
Claus

Matty_TypeR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2016
UK
I would check the cables to monitor, the refresh rate it running at. and is it a OSX supported GFX card? I have experienced a few bad cables and not only on mac's

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Hi,
I've got this LG 38UC99-W monitor connected to my Mac Pro running the current OS.
While working fine most of the time, it has blackouts regularly.
Sometimes it's unto 4 times per minute when the display tuen black for a couple of milli seconds.
This is tiresome and limits the use of this machine.

Does anybody of you know this problem and what can be done about it?

Thanks for your help!
Claus

I doh't have the answer to your question, but no one is probably going to be able to provide much insight with the amount of detail provided (or rather lack of detail).

Please describe the machine you're using... The GPU, the connection type, the software being used when this occurs (or does it do it from an idle desktop).

You really need to go into specifics if you want help. Otherwise, people can only make a WAG as to what the problem is.

yuzgen

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2018
If using DP, try to push the cable from bottom to top gently. Could be both ends. If using HDMI, try using another cable or port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.