Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeDr206

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2021
So I upgraded my Mac Mini 2018 last week, and was pleasantly surprised. Everything seemed to work fine, and it also seemed snappier — and Quicken running on Win10 via Parallels definitely was more responsive.

today, tho, I encountered my first issue. My Logitech headset, which worked perfectly in Big Sur, and in Monterey still does with Zoom, has issues with FaceTime under Monterey. This thread seems to capture the gist:

I haven’t seen this issue posted here (or at least, my searching was unable to find it). Curious if anyone has experienced this, and if 12.3 beta does indeed fix the issue.

georgehowell

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2022
thnx for your post.
I'm suffering the same issue.

tried various headsets: two different USB headsets, 3.5mm headphone jack does not transfer mic input through FaceTime desktop either -- no sound on recipient side

georgehowell

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2022
So I upgraded my Mac Mini 2018 last week, and was pleasantly surprised. Everything seemed to work fine, and it also seemed snappier — and Quicken running on Win10 via Parallels definitely was more responsive.

today, tho, I encountered my first issue. My Logitech headset, which worked perfectly in Big Sur, and in Monterey still does with Zoom, has issues with FaceTime under Monterey. This thread seems to capture the gist:

I haven’t seen this issue posted here (or at least, my searching was unable to find it). Curious if anyone has experienced this, and if 12.3 beta does indeed fix the issue.
a restart solved the problem on MacMini 2018 i5

MACscr

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2022
Im running 12.3.1 and still having the issue. Its only with Facetime though. Discord, Skype, MS teams, etc, never have this issue. Whats even weirder is that the oscilloscope waves or whatever its called is seen in facetime when i talk, though no one can hear me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.