Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Mophie Debuts New 'Watch Dock' for Apple Watch

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of the Apple Watch launch, several companies have debuted charging accessories, bands, cases, and more for the Apple Watch, and as of today, popular iOS accessory maker Mophie is also offering its own version of a Watch Dock for the Apple Watch.

The Watch Dock from Mophie is constructed from a silver aluminum and it offers black leather accents on the base and behind the watch. The dock is designed to work with the charging cable that ships with the Apple Watch, allowing users to simply place their watches on the stand at night for easy charging.

The slightly elevated, slightly angled charging position makes it easy to use your watch's touchscreen and other features while charging. Use the dock at home or in the office knowing your watch is charging in comfort and you'll never have to mess with tangled cables again.
Mophie's Watch Dock measures in at 4.64 x 2.87 x 2.52 inches and it weighs 3.86 ounces. Design wise, Mophie's dock is minimalist and elegant, offering a slimmer body than other competing products from companies like Griffin and Twelve South.

The Mophie Watch Dock can be pre-ordered from the Mophie website for $59.95. According to the website, it will ship out on April 24, the same day as the official launch of the Apple Watch.

Article Link: Mophie Debuts New 'Watch Dock' for Apple Watch

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Hey mophie why didn't you combine this with the 6 plus juice pack dock and I would of bought it.

Comment

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Yeah way too expensive. I like the hi-rise one better but they still don't have a ship date.

Comment

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
You know,all these watch dock guys make me laugh. Everyone is just rushing,but not taking the time to make a nice looking dock for a reasonable price. 50.00 is ridiculous considering I'd have to use my one and only charging cable. Or what,but another cable? So then that means it's a 70.00 dock with a cable.

Ok,so what if I use my one cable,but I'm traveling out of town for 3 days? I take the whole dock in my luggage? Or I undo it from the dock every time I'm going to need the cable away from home? Cmon guys!

Comment

Carmenia83

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2012
I love the design of the MiTagg NuDock but its A) an indiegogo campaign and B) way too expensive. Sexy as hell though.

Comment

chumpy34

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Pretty cool and excited to see what else comes out. Was just at Apple Store in Phoenix and no one in line for Watch tryons and very few people looking at demos. I think it's going to take the Watches being out and on people's wrists to get excitement going. And having stock too. Glad I ordered two on the 10th!

Comment

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
My nightstand needs a dock that will charge the watch AND my iPhone!

add the ipad to the dock and you have my money.

----------

I love the design of the MiTagg NuDock but its A) an indiegogo campaign and B) way too expensive. Sexy as hell though.

MiTagg from Indiegogo has one!

If only it also took care of the ipad. The miTagg looks nice but especially in the picture from leepalisoc, you can see the problem. the ipad has to be taken care of seperately and needs a seperate cord.

Comment

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
What's killing me is so many of these stands cost over $50 and still require you to provide the charging cable!

You should already have a charging cable, comes with the phone.

---

How does the Apple Watch have Qi charging and the iPhone doesn't yet?

Comment

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
You should already have a charging cable, comes with the phone.

---

How does the Apple Watch have Qi charging and the iPhone doesn't yet?

It doesn't have Qi charging. In typical Applw fashion, the watch's wireless charging solution is proprietary, doesn't work with Qi.

Comment

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Same concept.

Understood. And I think it's pretty clear why the Apple Watch has wireless charging first. Using a connected solution like the Lightning port would take up more physical space in the hardware, something that's at a premium on a device as small as a watch. It would also be far more clumsy and less elegant.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.