Mophie Juice Pack Air Battery Cases for iPhone XS and XS Max Now Available From Amazon for $100

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 27, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

As part of a promotion for Amazon's upcoming Prime Day, the site is now offering exclusive Prime member access to Mophie's new Juice Pack Air Battery Pack Cases designed for the iPhone X, XS, and XS Max.

The Juice Pack Air battery cases for Apple's newest iPhones are similar to the Juice Pack Air battery case for the iPhone X that Mophie released back in November. Mophie's battery cases are designed to provide extra battery life for Apple's newest iPhones and are offered as an alternative to Apple's own Smart Battery Cases.

[​IMG]

Priced at $99.95 for both the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max versions, the new Juice Pack Air cases are able to charge using a Qi-based wireless charger or a Lightning cable, a first for the Mophie battery case line.

[​IMG]

Mophie says that the Juice Pack Air was designed to be slim and lightweight, but as it is a battery case, it does add a decent amount of bulk to Apple's thin and light iPhones. An LED light at the back lets you know charge level, as this case is not able to integrate with the iPhone in the same way as the Apple-designed cases.

[​IMG]

Both versions of the case come equipped with 1,720mAh batteries inside, which Mophie claims will extend the iPhone's battery life to a total of 34 hours, which is presumably talk time. That's similar to what Apple promises from the Smart Battery Cases.

Amazon is offering up the Juice Pack Air cases in graphite, black, red, and rose gold, and only Amazon Prime members are able to make a purchase at this time.

Article Link: Mophie Juice Pack Air Battery Cases for iPhone XS and XS Max Now Available From Amazon for $100

2. scottcampbell macrumors regular

Talk time, the least relevant metric in all smartphoneodom.

3. calzon65 macrumors 6502a

calzon65

I guess this case is one way to get rid of the camera bump.

4. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Why bother when these phones charge so fast ?

5. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68020

H3LL5P4WN

Still using MaHs? Really?

Edit: It has a chin AND a hump, AND doesn't protect the way that the Smart Battery Case does due to the lowered sided.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

For $30 more, I’d rather get the Apple battery case.

7. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

Some people don't have that chance to always get to top it up. These types of cases were huge for me when I was still doing constant field work

8. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

Same. The fact that you can fast-charge the phone and case at the same time with a lightning cable is very convenient.

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

True. Not to mention iOS integration with the case.

10. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

This case retains use of the lightning cable and on our samples, fast charging as well.

11. jmlg macrumors newbie

Totally agree and thanks for the reminder.

Just went to Apple Store App to grab one for vacation and it shows as not available until August in stores!

Ramp down in anticipation of new phones?

12. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

I didn’t realize they included lightning support. They finally did it I guess. I moved on, I’ve had quality and durability issues with Mophie anyway.

13. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

I wonder if you can set the charging. On the Apple one, once you put it on, it charges.

I'd prefer one to NOT charge until needed (i.e., by me pushing a button).
    --- Post Merged, Jun 27, 2019 ---
    Wait---I have the Apple one for the XS Max. If I used my 15 inch MBP USBC brick with USB C to lighting it will fast charge BOTH case and phone?

14. jaybarns macrumors newbie

I’m thinking there was a defect. I just returned mine this week, and I’ve had it since launch day. Rather than exchange it, Apple gave me a full refund, citing having no idea when they would be back in stock. The battery in the case would disconnect from the case itself if light pressure was applied to the sides of the case. After a few months it was really frustrating.

15. MRwonderful1 macrumors newbie

MRwonderful1

Ha so true

16. NickName99 macrumors 6502

NickName99

If these maintained the phone battery between 40-60% charged that would be helpful. I’d love if Apple made an optional setting for that, but I suppose folks would confuse themselves with it and call support.

17. jmlg macrumors newbie

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

18. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

19. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

I’ve had issues with inconsistent wireless charging (the case itself wirelessly).

20. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

21. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I just got the Apple iPhone Smart battery case for my XS-Max for $119 on Amazon using Prime Now. Will be at my door in 2 hours. Guess I'm lucky.

22. EBone12355 macrumors member

EBone12355

The Apple brand battery cases have really bad reviews on Apple's website, mostly complaints about the lightning connector inside the case that plugs into the phone disconnecting intermittently, and they are out of stock in all stores and online until August. Looks like Apple may be addressing the issue and re-tooling how their own cases are made.

23. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

24. 1080p macrumors 68030

1080p

3 months from the launch of the new iPhones. Perfect timing.

25. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Why bother? Everyone will be getting a new phone soon that this won't work with.