Mophie Juice Pack for iPhone 5 issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Oman, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Oman macrumors regular

Have any of you whom bought the Mophie Juice Pack notice that the two pieces do not sit flush to each other. There is space between each piece on the back, sides and front. Check out the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. millerhifi macrumors regular

Mine is not quite like that but there is a slight wider gape on the right side and it's annoying me. The left side is tight against each other.

3. Oman thread starter macrumors regular

i am thinking about returning mine... its more than annoying for me, it is a defect.

4. millerhifi macrumors regular

They've never fit very well from my experience. Very inconsistent. But yeah I get it. I keep trying to push the right side up tighter and it just comes back down.

5. Oman thread starter macrumors regular

Received an RMA# and will be sending mine back. Hopefully the replacement does not have this issue.

6. MorphMan macrumors member

Mine sits further out one side compared to the other.

Also, the phone can move slightly in the case which causes it to disconnect charging. Does anyone else have this?

7. Oman thread starter macrumors regular

Mine was doing that as well, while charging in the case if I sat it in my cup holder in the car, it would make the sound as if i just turned the case on to charge. Hopefully the replacement does not do this, and I hope the overall silence from others on this forum whom have purchased this case is due to theirs working fine.

8. MorphMan macrumors member

I wasn't going to complain about it disconnecting from the lightning port but figured out that it happens when you use the headphone port so I've opened a case with mophie.

It also bugs me that it arrived totally flat, and also the top and bottom aren't mated up fully square.

9. MorphMan, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013

MorphMan macrumors member

Mophie responded with a generic email. No effort was put into commenting on my specific issues.

They expect me to send another $20+ and weeks shipping it back to them from Australia. I'm probably not going to bother. I don't feel like throwing another 25% or more of the product value just to fix their quality issues.

10. matneh macrumors regular

Both sides tight here, no wiggle, and no loss of charging.

11. Ann P macrumors 68020

Their quality control is a hit or miss. Didn't bother me too much but I also had this problem with the 4's Mophie Juice Pack version. You'll either get one that fits snuggly, or one that looks misaligned and crooked.

12. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

This has been a problem with Mophie from day one.

13. millerhifi macrumors regular

Agree 100%! No consistency.

14. Oman thread starter macrumors regular

thats what i want to hear... i had a mophie for my 4 and had no issues with it thus i was not going to accept this poor quality on my 5

15. long86 macrumors member

I just bought a helium pack from best buy yesterday and there is a gap at the top between the case and phone. It is very small but you can see daylight between the phone and the opening for the power button. Normally, this is not a big deal but when charging if the phone slides up and fills the gap, it stops charging. This is unacceptable for such an expensive case.

16. lonman06 macrumors regular

I was just going to post about this is well. Wanted to know if it was just my case or if others were having this issue. Not very happy about this...

17. long86 macrumors member

I exchanged for another case at a different Best Buy with the same results. Going back to my old case, very dissapointed.

18. Oman thread starter macrumors regular

Damn I am really hoping the one I get back does not have this issue. If it does I will definitely return it and ask for a refund as I believe they have some quality control issues that may disappearin about three months.

19. long86 macrumors member

Let me know if the new one is a better fit. I started a warranty also but am debating whether just to return it and get the air.

20. Oman thread starter macrumors regular

I actually called customer service yesterday and cancled the RMA and told them i would be ordering an Air, they will refund me for the Hellium and told me to just order an air. They said it will take up to 10 days to get my refund.... :confused:

21. JUSTQUAN, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

JUSTQUAN macrumors member

So I just received mine and I have a snug fit with no issues. The headphone issue wasn't a problem either. I just plugged in before I snapped on the bottom piece. So far so good here.

Attached Files:

22. millerhifi macrumors regular

That looks like the Apple store version. Looks like there are slight gaps on both sides between the bottom and top half of case and they are not flush against each other.

23. JUSTQUAN macrumors member

I ordered mine from mophie express shipping. I don't have these issues you guys say you have honestly. You have a removable piece and I think that's as flush as it gets. Phone doesn't slide in the gas either. Unu has one shipping next week or so, maybe that one would be suitable. I'm going to get one just to have 2 cases.

24. Oman thread starter macrumors regular

Yea,, yours' look way better than mine did. I could live with what you have but mine was not snug at all and definitely not flush....

25. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

I got the same one you got from the local Apple Store, and I couldn't live with the gap at the top where the sleep/wake button slides in.

I stopped by a local Best Buy yesterday and tried another one on, and it was completely different! The top piece where the sleep/wake button slides in is gone, and the phone actually slides in the case rather than simply laying down in. Finally the Best Buy version had "Nubs" along the inside of the case to help the phone fit more snug. The only problem I saw with that is that if the phone dropped it may shatter easier because the "Nubs" would give if I pushed on my phone?

I want to order the JPAir from Mophie, but before I spend $99 on a case, I want to make sure that it is flush and fits correctly. I really don't want to go back an forth with an RMA from them and so forth.

Hopefully the Brick and Mortar Stores have them soon.